damn psx emulation! *shakes fist*

ROM not loading? Computer crashing? discuss it here

Postby Blue Hawk on Tue May 28, 2002 10:35 am

assholes at rg wont give any help at all on my problem. i actually went out and bought chrono cross for reall cheap., actually, i paid nothing because i traded stuff in lol. my problem is, epsxe can run it but i cant get the music to stop lagging at all, and i have almost every sound plugin i can find. i saw how to run it in vgs with the key item menu, byut i dont want to burn it. i had trouble burning ff9 when i rented it lol. can anyone help me please?
[img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]
Blue Hawk
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Postby Jewboy on Tue May 28, 2002 7:30 pm

You might have to turn the cd audio off to get it working right. I get a similar prob running tekken 3. Or get yourself a faster machine.
Jewboy
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Postby adidas on Wed May 29, 2002 3:03 am

Another alternative would be to make a .ISO or .BIN and run it from your hard drive. It runs a bit faster that way.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Sabin on Wed May 29, 2002 12:04 pm

I had the same problem with FF9 which i bought really cheap and making a cd image of it solved it for me.
Sabin
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Postby were on Wed May 29, 2002 8:00 pm

ahh.its been awhile sabin

i found it a real pain tryin to copy that damn ff9 game (think it was either scratches or hard error), but heh, i nevered gotten a chance to play it yet.:-)

as of the cd image to the hard-drive, that's one way, but doesn't that mess up your hardrive up...as in...defragging it?
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby adidas on Thu May 30, 2002 2:56 am

I never had a problem with running .ISOs with epsxe. I played quite a bit of Castlevania: SOTN that way
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

be cool, beavis

Postby Pdaimaoh on Sat Jul 06, 2002 4:10 am

saw the post at RG, call 'em assholes if you want, but only one was being a total dick (the I hate CC dude)

anyway, this is a well known problem, and I hang my head in shame that you do not check the most helpful PSX emu site of all time before you shake your fist in anger or rage or whatever petty thing

http://www.aldostools.com

furthermore if you tried to configure damn near any GPU by Pete, as well as several other 'places' in ePSXe, you should have seen the Chrono Cross 'fix' situation

now, while my head hangs in shame, you, too, shall hang YOUR head in shame, and you will also rake your knuckles across very rough sandpaper, or if you must, rub very rough sandpaper over your knuckles, such that your knuckles bleed, and perhaps you cry like a little baby or swear like a sailor, and remember that the pain is because you didn't check aldostools, and that when you don't use at least the basic tools of understanding given to you over the months by Pdaimaoh, you will be forced to do stupid painful things in order to appease the demons of large headaches so I don't have to endure them anymore

ie: keep notes

and now, another rant...

FF9 sucks
it sucks with the force of a black hole

it's the disney reject FF game

and it is SO. DAMN. BORING.

plus it has fixes, too
idiot kallisto ripping the movies and hacking the damn thing...
the best patches for VGS work with a GOOD rip, not a hacked P.O.S. deal

again, you can get this thing at http://www.aldostools.com

did I mention that FF9 is boring? this is from a guy that plays Shining Force for three days straight, beats it, and then starts over (err, SF3 for saturn...)

someone who is damn near tone-deaf and yet spends 9 hours straight trying to create a midi file that sounds just like a music track from Dracula X that already has a practically perfect midi file...

NOW
go and play your sucky games, for you have been shown the way, or at least you have been shown a way to the way or several ways to the way, but anyway, you should be able to get yourself where you need to be...
okay?
your best friend's drug dealer
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

Postby Blue Hawk on Sat Jul 06, 2002 5:06 am

actually, i got all my files from aldos tools. as for crono cross, i gave up on running that. as for ff9 sucking, well thats your opinion. i happen to really like the game. and i am playing on the patched cvgs.
Blue Hawk
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Postby were on Sun Jul 07, 2002 1:05 am

i prefer running chrono cross on a chipped-psx machine..then again.i only played the game once..ditto for ff9.I just dont know why i played it once..maybe the thrill just to copy them and wasting 12 cd's on trying to burn ff9.. :lol:

:cry: oh to have a faster machine.:-0
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Return to Emulation Woes