Need help with Magic Engine

ROM not loading? Computer crashing? discuss it here

Need help with Magic Engine

Postby Mentat Paradigm on Fri May 30, 2003 5:55 am

I just downloaded Magic Engine v0.99 so that I could finally play Rondo of Blood (aka Dracula X). I downloaded the individual tracks from here. Now for the tricky part: I don't have a CD burner on the PC I'm currently using. Instead, I used the cue file and burned an image, then mounted the image in Daemon Tools. Then, I attempted to play the game in Magic Engine.

However, Magic Engine tells me that the game is not a PCE CD. I edited the PCE.INI file to point to the virtual CD-ROM, but it didn't seem to make any difference. Is there any way I can get Magic Engine to recognize the mounted image without having to physically burn the CD?

Alternatively, if someone could provide me with an ISO or ROM that they know for a fact works with Magic Engine v0.99, I'd love them forever. ;)
Mentat Paradigm
PCB Newbie
PCB Newbie

Postby ivwshane on Fri May 30, 2003 6:40 am

How exactly did you create the iso?

I use fireburner and you have to make sure that the first track is the data track and the rest of the mp3's will go in order from first to last (ie: mp3 track 1 will be track 2 and track 2 will be track 3 and so on).
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Postby Mentat Paradigm on Fri May 30, 2003 6:56 am

I created the image using Nero. I tried both this cue file and this this one (changing the filenames accordingly, of course).

Fireburner tells me that it doesn't detect my CD drives, for some reason. I presume it's because I don't physically have a burner installed. It won't allow me to even create an image, as far as I can tell.
Mentat Paradigm
PCB Newbie
PCB Newbie

Postby Silverhaze on Fri May 30, 2003 9:17 am

Fireburner did that to me too. Damian helped me out with some ASPI files or something I think.

I prefer Disc Juggler and Easy CD creator for data CDs
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby adidas on Fri May 30, 2003 12:55 pm

I downloaded the 'true' (no mp3 crap) bin/cue image from a FTP at RIGG

I burned it and it works great, but I've never tried using anything like Daemon Tools with it.

Hope that helps
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Mentat Paradigm on Fri May 30, 2003 9:35 pm

RIGG seems to have disabled viewing of their board from non-members and isn't allowing new members at the moment. But thanks for the link anyway.
Mentat Paradigm
PCB Newbie
PCB Newbie

Postby adidas on Sat May 31, 2003 1:23 pm

Mentat Paradigm wrote:RIGG seems to have disabled viewing of their board from non-members and isn't allowing new members at the moment. But thanks for the link anyway.

doh! If I remembered any of my details I'd get you a link.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Return to Emulation Woes