Final Burn/Kaillera

Everything pertaining to the more serious side of gaming.

Final Burn/Kaillera

Postby adidas on Mon Jul 30, 2001 6:15 am

That's great news that Final Burn has netplay, but without a chat feature-it's just like playing a laggy single player game.

I'm going to have to hold off on that... shouldn't be long, though.

I always thought somebody would eventually add netplay to FB.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Final Burn/Kaillera

Postby Damian on Mon Jul 30, 2001 7:35 am

Yeah, it didn't take very long did it? I was quite surprised by the rapidity of this release.

Did you get that news from another place or this front page? (just checking my catchment area [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

I wonder if the lag is as apparant as on MAME. For some games it is not too bad on MAME just depends on how many control variables there are I think.

Anyway, once this goes "gold" I might just be able to have a laggy game of SFA with you Eric me mon, anything much larger than that makes my system load for ages..and no way I am trying 3 [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

P.S

That SP server is damn unreliable, I have only been able to get four episodes off it and it never seems to be online or maybe it is busy. But I enjoyed the ones I have so far.
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Final Burn/Kaillera

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Jul 30, 2001 1:41 pm

Netplay to me is only good if you can get somebody closer to you. It probably isnt that bad in America but over here in old blighty I've had nothing but lag lag lag.

Wouldnt mind playing something like Punisher or Armored Warriors using it though, might not be as bad.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Final Burn/Kaillera

Postby adidas on Mon Jul 30, 2001 4:20 pm

Yeah, let's wait until the chat feature is added in... then we'll see who's the best at laggy SFA [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I can get you some links off of the same site I got the SP movie link from, but that's a big pain in the ass. Because of their stupid forced voting system that doesn't work, you have to disable java. First you have to view the source to find the link to the download page, then you have to view the source of that page to get the download link. What a damn pain in the ass... and it's not even as fast a server as that ftp.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Final Burn/Kaillera

Postby adidas on Mon Jul 30, 2001 4:21 pm

oops, I got the news from your page, I rarely visit emu news sites lately. The only one I visit is EC and they really don't post much news, I don't think they even had posted about FB/Kaillera. (final burn haters that they are [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] )
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Final Burn/Kaillera

Postby Sabin on Tue Jul 31, 2001 6:19 am

To play a game with kaillera you need a really good ping. I only go on one server and i ping it around 30ms. If i play against anyone on there who ping over 40 ms it is lag city more often than not.
Sabin
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Final Burn/Kaillera

Postby adidas on Tue Jul 31, 2001 7:34 am

I played with a ping of 80 before, it was pretty damn good
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Final Burn/Kaillera

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Jul 31, 2001 1:15 pm

Every time I've looged on I've exited straight back out again as my ping has been over 100. Whats the point? May aswell play UT with a ping of 400 I'll stand as much chance of competing.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Final Burn/Kaillera

Postby Pdaimaoh on Tue Jul 31, 2001 5:33 pm

Kaillera isn't any faster in the USA, I played a game with my brother who is in the same state, and it played just like it did with my cousing who lives in the same city I do (been meaning to get my bud in Taiwan on a game, but his internet is strange, and narrowband to boot)
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

Return to Computer Emulation