Gears of War

Discuss all things console related

Gears of War

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:14 pm

Ok I havent played enough to make a review yet but damn!!! Anybody with a 360 NEEDS to get this game.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Damian on Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:39 am

I finished this game on Insane difficulty with Silverhaze, using the XBox live service as he is too lazy to get out of bed a lot of the time.

This game has been built from the ground up with co-op in mind, seamless integration; another player can pop in anytime either locally or online.

Genre defining stuff. Anyone with a 360 would be mad not to get this, and many should get one just for the experience frankly ;).
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:59 am

And yet the guy I work with does nothing but pick holes in it. :lol:

Not enough checkpoints, game play is too samey, boss fights are too obvious, your friends cant die, you have to trigger enemy spawns etc etc

I keep saying he should be playing the game on Hardcore at the very least to get more out of it. He seems to be churning through the game at a rate of knots and I think he's ruining the experience.

Also he's not on Xbox Live. He has broadband but has never bothered to wire up his 360. Travesty!!!

You only got half an Xbox360 if you dont have it online!

I rigged my friend's wireless ADSL up last night for him and then got his 360 working wirelessly and got him a silver live subscription so he can upgrade at any time. Then I downloaded the 720p version of the Gears of War video and him and his mate nearly pissed themselves.

They were [indicates small amount] THIS close to rushing out and buying it at 9:30pm from Blockbusters LOL
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to Console Games