PS2 outselling Xbox360

Discuss all things console related

PS2 outselling Xbox360

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:36 am

So far, however, the PlayStation 2 has remained in control of the match, outselling the Xbox 360 in six of the seven months since the Xbox 360’s debut. The situation is a strong reminder that Sony’s PS3 gamble, while huge, has a little more cushioning than is commonly recognized.

You can read more at arstechnica.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby were on Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:32 pm

thats pretty embarassing,thats like the atari 2600 outselling the super snes :wink:
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Class316 on Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:07 pm

were wrote:thats pretty embarassing,thats like the atari 2600 outselling the super snes :wink:

Well, not THAT bad. More like NES outselling Genesis or SNES outselling Saturn :D
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Pdaimaoh on Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:25 am

PS2 has a vast library of titles, it's hard to deny you should be able to find at least a few games you really really enjoy for a rather low bargain price, adn the console, too, is a lot lower in price, what is it now anyway? 99 bucks or something?

vs what's the Xbox360? Two confusing models (not that confusing but why bother?) a much much higher price, and a HELL of a lot less games, made worse by halfassed ability to play old Xbox games.

...and they're never going to sell well in Japan. They need a whole new retail model. They also don't need images of Bill Gates holding a cheap looking burger in one hand and a game controller in the other.

I mean if they aren't going to literally buy out Square/Enix or Konami or Capcom or some other publisher that publishes a fair number of high profile titles, how will they ever hope to compete there?

I'm not shocked.
your best friend's drug dealer
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:45 am

Well I scooped up one of those irritating slimline PS2 things the other day because my old original PS2 is finally kicking the bucket and refusing to play certain games. The slimlines are £100.

I stuck it on top of my X360 in a PS2 sandwich with the old model underneath and guess what? I've played it a total of......3 times in a month.

The 360 has had endless hours in the same time period. Its nice to have the slimline for when I feel like playing an old game like God of War and for when GoW2 comes out but provided they keep the games coming for the 360 its going to be used less and less.

Couple of decent party games and a kart racer and it wont get used at all!
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to Console Games