o

Discuss all things console related

o

Postby PASTA POWER on Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:58 pm

o
Last edited by PASTA POWER on Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PASTA POWER
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Postby were on Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:33 am

havent been playing alot.im trying to watch dvd movies but my fulltime at work is making it impossible

im hopeing to change that :wink:
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Zep on Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:44 am

Street Fighter III: Third Strike

Star Wars: Empire At War

Need For Speed: Most Wanted

Wonderboy V: Wonderboy In Monsterland
God gave me everything I want!

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby adidas on Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:36 am

Last thing I played was Pure Pinball... how boring

Currently I've been toying with Reason too much to be playing any games
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Zep on Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:06 pm

Another game I played recently: Farenheit. I think it's called Indigo Prophecy in the States.

If you want to rent a game for the weekend, you really can't go wrong with. I played the XBOX version.

The game basicaly plays like an interactive Hollywood movie, where you, the director, controls the three main protagonists. The first scene is set in a cafe bar toilet. The main character uncontrolably stabs the shit out of some random guy while he is taking a leak. You job is to hide the body, and try to get rid of as much evidence as possible before a cop stumbles in on you. The other two characters you play as are the two cops tracking down the killer. It sounds weird, but the plot works itself out really well.

This game doesn't have an "energy bar" like most games, it has a mental state bar. Your character is either happy or sad (depressed) depending on what actions you take during the course of the game. For example, if you take one drink of whiskey, you get +5 to the bar. Drink any more however and you get -10. You control the characters from the third person, with the camera changing a bit like Resident Evil. Alot of the games action sequences are very Hollywood movie style. I wont give to much away on the plot, but the killer starts to see "things" after going a bit mental. You have to avoid these "creatures" by tapping the analogue sticks as direcid by the on-screen display. It's a bit like the Dance Dance... games but with the sticks on the game pad.

Some people may find this quite a tedious game since instead of controling the fight scenes your just tapping directions. The plot is very good however, and the atmosphere is brilliant. Graphics are top notch too.

I give this game a good 80%. There is good replay value but it seemed to be a little easy even on hard mode.

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby mr rom on Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:51 am

Megaman X3. I own a legit copy of the PC CD-ROM. :D
mr rom
PCB Landlord
PCB Landlord

Postby Silverhaze on Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:10 pm

Erm....

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3
TrackMania Nations
Conker Reloaded
Black

Played NFS MW for a while but never really got into it.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:04 pm

Is Black any good? I heard mixed reviews.

I got Rainbow Six Lockdown last night. I was so dissapointed that they took out ALL of the mission planning sections, but the graphics and detail on the weapons are brilliant. I must say, I do prefer games with realistic guns rather than BFG lasers.

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:13 pm

Ive only just started it really but I got it because the Edge Magazine review of it was very good. Im trusting Gamespot reviews less and less recently, I think they're in the pockets of too many developers or something.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby RabidYak on Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:21 pm

Nothing at the moment, althougth theres an arseload of new DS games out in the next month and a half that I want - Tetris, Pheonix Wright, Rainbow Islands and Trauma Centre.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:58 pm

I quite like the sound of Animal Crossing actually although following my unsuccessful attempts to hijack my next door neighbour's wireless internet connection I'll have to get a USB dongle to take my DS online.

Whats the damn deal with those things anyway?! I even tried sitting in McDonalds which is supposed to have a free wireless connection and it just will not connect to the damn thing.

IP info fails or some shit every time even though the server shows up with a nice unlocked blue padlock. Bah.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby were on Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:08 am

Silverhaze wrote:I quite like the sound of Animal Crossing actually although following my unsuccessful attempts to hijack my next door neighbour's wireless internet connection I'll have to get a USB dongle to take my DS online.

Whats the damn deal with those things anyway?! I even tried sitting in McDonalds which is supposed to have a free wireless connection and it just will not connect to the damn thing.

IP info fails or some shit every time even though the server shows up with a nice unlocked blue padlock. Bah.

take it from a guy who sits everyday answering phonecalls about wireless.

you ip address is needed to get onto the internet(each place has a specific ip address).if your using a compant laptop,there might be a ip address thats "hard -coded" on ur laptop

goto start-settings-control panel-network conenctions-righ tclick lan-properities-highlight tcpip interent protocols-properities,check and see your obtaining an ip and dns automatically.if not select them.(COPY UR ORIGINAL IP ADRESS,SUBNET MASK,,ETC to a piece of paper)

try it now and see what happens

also,amake sure your connect to the right network too. :D
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:53 am

Yeah thats all pretty much straight forward but its a bit different with the DS. On the net it says if you get a blue unlocked padlock then you should just run the test settings option and off you go.

In reality you get the blue padlock, run the test settings option and it says 'Cannot locate IP' or something along those lines. Even in those free hotspot wireless network areas it does the same thing.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby were on Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:54 pm

hmmmm...is there seom settings on ur ds that can be changed

does nintendo have a hotline for troubleshooting on the issue?

hmm..too many possibilities..wireless is conveinent but NOT the best way to get connected
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:38 pm

Nope, nothing on the DS. Maybe you need the MAC.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby were on Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:51 pm

nothing wrong with the MAC,easy to troubleshoot and nothing "ever" goes wrong it.if there is something,its either a firewall or some program controlling his wireless configuration

..we tend tyo tell our "guests" to use wndows or their OS to control their wireless connections
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Return to Console Games