Danes justify harshest asylum laws in Europe

Anything, and everything.

Moderator: Zep

Danes justify harshest asylum laws in Europe

Postby Class316 on Sun Jun 30, 2002 4:04 am

The United Nations is questioning the legality of Denmark's immigration rules to be passed on Monday. New laws will turn Denmark, overnight, into one of the world's most hostile places for asylum seekers. "These laws have not been framed to make refugees' lives better," says dark-skinned, long-haired earring wearing Bashy Quraishy, chairman of the European Network Against Racism. "They are designed to close the borders. Europe is slowly becoming a very unfriendly and inhospitable place for (dark) refugees." [that guy doesn?t even look European and he wants to dictate Denmark?s laws?? Perhaps he should be deported somewhere]

"Unemployment [among immigrants] is a catastrophe, integration is a catastrophe and crime [among immigrants] is a catastrophe," he says.

"We are fed up with forced marriages and the systematic use of the right of family reunification to get families to Denmark at the expense of the young. For a Nordic mind this is a huge offence to freedom, human dignity and self-determination and something we Danes simply cannot accept."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,746163,00.html

Ref: Islam in the Western Media by Bashy Quraishy - As a journalist with minority roots, I am aware of the discussions about Islam taking place in Europe and my own country, Denmark. I am not a religious person, nor am I a practicing Muslim, but over the years I have learned to respect and admire all religions. Somehow after living in the western world, one thing has become very clear to me that, no matter how secular and non-practicing I am, I would always be reminded by the media , the politicians and the people around me that I am a Muslim, and thus not a natural part of the Danish, European, and/or western culture. http://www.multicultural.net/newsletter/article/issue3-bashy.htm [somebody tell this guy to seek asylum in Afghanistan or something]
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Return to General Banter