Anything, and everything.

Moderator: Zep

Baby Dies After Crawling Into Dishwasher

Postby DonCatoli on Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:00 am

Guess this falls under WTF?!@#!@

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_11598.aspx

Baby Dies After Crawling Into Dishwasher
Friday June 1, 2007

A freak accident has taken the life of an 18-month-old child and could be taken as a lesson for other parents. It happened in the small town of Romance, Arkansas on Wednesday. The infant apparently crawled inside his mother's dishwasher and the door closed behind him. The model the family owns comes equipped with a design that automatically turns on the machine whenever its front panel is closed.

The baby boy's 13-year-old brother found the appliance running and spotted his sibling's blanket nearby. And then he looked inside. The child died before paramedics could get there, likely from heat exposure. Authorities don't believe there was any foul play and that the entire terrible incident was simply an awful accident. "The baby's blanket was lying in front of the dishwasher, so (the brother) opened it," explains Chief Deputy Jeremy Clark of the White County Sheriff's Office. "What we have found out so far would suggest that this is a tragic accident; however, the case is still open and we're still looking."

The manufacturer of the device, Whirlpool, insists its products all go through stringent child proofing tests and that this is the first time anything like this has ever happened.
DonCatoli
PCB Newbie
PCB Newbie

Re: Baby Dies After Crawling Into Dishwasher

Postby adidas on Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:43 pm

terrible, just terrible. There really shouldn't be a dishwasher that automatically turns on when you close the door I guess, though who would have thought this would happen?
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Re: Baby Dies After Crawling Into Dishwasher

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:09 pm

I've never heard of a dishwasher with that feature. Seems a stupid thing to have if you ask me!!

Some people like to keep their dishwashers closed, most leave it slightly open as they get stinky but who hasnt accidentally knocked it shut as you walked past or something like that. If it turned on everytime I did that it'd piss me right off.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to General Banter