MerrWii Christmas!!

Anything, and everything.

Moderator: Zep

MerrWii Christmas!!

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:59 pm

I walked into my local game shop yesterday and said hi to the fella that works there whom I've got to know a bit better recently through my constant Wii information requests.

He replied hi and then in hushed tones asked if I was after a Wii. Resisting the urge to say I'd be better off in the gents than in his shop I glances quickly left and right and gave him a nod.

A quick name and phone number on a card later and I was off out of the shop. Apparantly they were supposed to be getting 3 Wiis in the following day. (today)

I'm in a new job now doing IT support for the Home Office and had to drive to Heathrow airport (uk members will sympathise with my M25 fun in a van I'd never driven before) anyway my mobile got no reception for a long time while we played with the server but lucked out I did when on the way back my mobile rang.

My buddy answered and took the message. I'd be there by 2pm he told them.

Foot down....worst fog ever!! Bah.

Anyway cut a short story long I fucking got me a Wii!!!!!! £230 for a Wii with Monkey Ball as well.

I'll let you all know what its like once I've had a good long session with it!!!

Damian, next time I'm round yours, you're in for a treat eh?

Sorry about this shameless brag but I stupidly feel like a kid on Christmas morning again and its great! LOL :lol:
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby were on Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:19 pm

somehting unrelated, were doing "microsoft" games for 2 weeks here....flight simulator x and age of empires 3

maybe youll get me over the phone ^_^
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Class316 on Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:50 am

Congrats on the Wii.

hmm...I gotta get MS flight simulator x
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:08 am

Remember to post a nice review of it! :D

I heard its pretty good if you like flight sims for sure!!
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:30 pm

Ahhh the Wii looks pretty sweet indeed. My kid cousin is getting one for Christmas so hopefully I'll be able to give those stylish controllers a bash soon. Looking forward to what you got to say about it Haze, I can't decide if I want a PC, 360 or a Wii for my birthday (January).

Edit: We picked up some relatives from he airport yesterday. Wasn't the fog nuts?
God gave me everything I want!

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:01 pm

Yeah the fog round Heathrow airport was insane!

Zep dude!!! Get a 360!!! :D

Damian, Yak and I already have one each and I have other people on my friends list that would most likely add you too! Online multiplayer is a riot when you've got a bunch of people you know on there! :D

So far the Wii has been fun although I need to fiddle with the positioning of the sensor bar. Its not as easy as I thought it would be but Im getting used to how it controls. Its weird to say the least.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Damian on Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:19 pm

Great find there, you and your bloody gaming contacts! I've got a good case of the green eyed monster going on here :lol:.

I ordered one from Germany some days back, or should I say a German did for me and will be sending it when the postage service is back in operation, went into London last week and saw CEX charging £350 for one.

Good to know I'll have a few people to play (?) online with if any of the games I have support it (just going to get Zelda for now).
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Postby Silverhaze on Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:36 pm

I have Wii Sports obviously and I got Monkey Ball too. Dunno if the missus managed to pick anything up but Zelda would be nice.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

bleach bleach bleach bleach

Postby slugstine on Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:59 pm

Get BLEACH for wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
slugstine
PCB Newbie
PCB Newbie

Postby RabidYak on Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:03 pm

I'll probably get a Wii sometime next year, the two Mario games are the sellers for me and those arn't out for a while yet. The sports game and Red Steel look interesting as well, but maybe a bit too energetic for my lazy arse.

I'll be investing in some N64 Virtual Console games, i'll die of old age before a decent emulator ever appears for the system.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Class316 on Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:11 am

RabidYak wrote:I'll be investing in some N64 Virtual Console games, i'll die of old age before a decent emulator ever appears for the system.

hmm....that's probably true. Emulation is so dead and gone it's sad :(
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Return to General Banter