good article on Wii vs PS3 vs X360

Anything, and everything.

Moderator: Zep

good article on Wii vs PS3 vs X360

Postby Class316 on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:50 pm

Once again, three major video game consoles are set to battle just as the holiday shopping season gets in gear. And just like the last round of console wars five years back, the players are Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo.

(MSNBC is a joint Microsoft - NBC Universal venture.)

In the fall of 2001, Microsoft unleashed the Xbox on a world that was skeptical of the computer software giant's ability to compete with the more experienced companies. Around the same time, Nintendo also released their new console, the Gamecube. But Sony, building on its success of their first machine, had a one-year head start with the PlayStation 2.

Sony's dominance grew, eventually capturing about 70 percent market share. Xbox proved to be a respectable entry into the gaming world, and Nintendo stayed alive, mostly due to the success of their GameBoy and DS handheld systems.

This time, Sony isn’t first-to-market with their console—that honor goes to Microsoft’s Xbox 360. The company’s second entry into the console wars was released a year ago, and has generated strong reviews and decent sales. And Nintendo’s Wii, with its unique, motion-sensing controller, has generated good pre-release buzz. And Sony? Manufacturing problems have caused delays and shortages for their PlayStation 3 launch.

So the million (billion)-dollar question is, on the eve of the PlayStation 3 and Wii launches: Is the balance of power shifting in the game industry? Let's take a look at some of the factors that will come into play.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15699196/wid/11915829/
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Zep on Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:02 am

You only got a look at the graphics on Gears Of War to see how far ahead the 360 is. I might side with Nintendo this year however purely because of multi player jokes with the remote.
God gave me everything I want!

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:39 am

Gears is impressive alright!! Cant wait to get a HDTV to play it on.

Im siding with M$ and Nintendo. Sony are a bunch of tossers.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby were on Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:52 pm

i found the wee being sleek and stylish but really nincheck controllers(options),psst,yeah right

ill wait till they lower there price by 1/2
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:13 am

Lower their price by half?!

Its already £180! You want one for £90? Good luck with that ;)
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to General Banter