Next Gen consoles = the sux0r?

Anything, and everything.

Moderator: Zep

Next Gen consoles = the sux0r?

Postby Zep on Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:21 pm

Speaking at the Games Convention in Leipzig, Bernd Diemer, senior game designer of Crytek, explained that next-generation consoles don’t offer enough computational power to run Crysis, German publication Heise reported.

Although Crysis will support both current and the next version of DirectX, Crytek claims that only DirectX 10 allows the game to run as it was intended by the developers because the next-generation DirectX API, which will ship along with Windows Vista, allows more effects and more objects to be drawn on the screen with a smaller computational cost for the hardware.

Diemer explained that “next generation consoles like the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 do not offer the sufficient power” to assure the quality of gameplay Crytek demand for Crysis.

Crytek reiterated at GC 06 that currently, Crysis in only in development for Windows. We haven’t lost hope that we’ll eventually see an Xbox 360 version of this first-person shooter.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11651/Cry ... or-Crysis/

Wasn't sure if I should post this on the main page but it's interesting isn't it? I mean, consoles are normaly on par with PCs but maybe this time they've got it wrong?
God gave me everything I want!

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby were on Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:37 pm

hmmm..microsoft makes it,microsoft makes xbox 360

they cant REALLY say anything bad about their product,cant they? :D
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:15 pm

Yeah I dont find this surprising at all.

We'll all finally see why when we build our dual core, DX10 SLI/crossfire systems because thats what you're going to need to churn through the massive detail in Crysis.

Should be great but man its going to need some meaty processing power.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to General Banter