Why was my son cast as a monkey?

Anything, and everything.

Moderator: Zep

Why was my son cast as a monkey?

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:44 pm

A school was accused to 'blatant racism' yesterday after casting the only two black boys in their year as monkeys in the end-of-term play. Myles Stevens and his friend asked to play Hunters in An Enchanted Island but claim they were turned down by teachers.
Instead the seven-year-olds, the only black pupils amoung 60 youngsters in Year Two, were offered the parts of monkeys. (ok try not to laugh now)

Their furious parents have now withdrawn the boys from the play and teachers at Bristol's Ashley Down Infant School have called in race watchdogs to mediate. Myles' mother Lorraine, 39 said in a letter to the school: 'The phrase ''Black Monkey'' is used as a racist remark and we object very strongly to our son being used in such a racist context. If this blatant racist act has occurred in a relatively trivial thing like a school play, we wonder how many other racism issues need to be addressed in the class rooms.'
The school has organised a meeting today with a council racial equality adviser and the Support Against Racial Incidents group. Head Teacher Helen Heap said the allegations were being investigated.

OMFG!!!! I'd really like to see the whole story on this and they always go headlong into situations like this without examining all the sides of the story! Oh of course it MUST be racism, what other possibility could there be??

Black Monkey? Never heard of such a thing before?

Heres one in its natural habitat:

Was it even thought of once by these parents that maybe their sons were slow ass lazy bastards who asked to be in the play too late and all the other parts were gone? Probably not.

Also, how come anybody that ever has anything to do with racial equality is black? Its hardly going to be a non biased investigation now is it?

So what will be the end result of this? 2 kids that, just like their parents, will have a chip on their shoulder the size of Alaska for pretty much the rest of their lives. Well done.

Racism? I dont think so. I expect the only racism here was the assumption of the black parents that their sons were being treated this way by whitey for no other reason than 'blatant racism'.

Get real and get over it. The white world isnt out to get you, you're paranoid like most of the rest of you lot!!! Now get back to work and gimmie a Big Mac n Fries!! :lol:
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Class316 on Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:40 pm

If it's so horrible in the White world, go back to your own country!!

And now they're "investigating" this while the school attacks on Whites by non-Whites go unnoticed :evil:
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Return to General Banter