Briton's apology for slave trade!

Anything, and everything.

Moderator: Zep

Briton's apology for slave trade!

Postby Silverhaze on Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:55 pm

Just read this in the paper and thought I'd copy it down and post. Class, you're gonna love this!!!

A descendant of a notorious British slave trader has knelt in chains in front of thousands of Africans to apologise for his ancestor's actions. Andrew Hawkins made the gesture in Gambia before 25,000 people. Sir John Hawkins sparked a huge increase in the slave trade 440 years ago. Youth worker, Mr Hawkins 37, from Liskeard, Cornwall, said: 'I apologised on behalf of my family.'

Ok fine, but do you think any of that lot are going to stop being cunts about it? No.

What about them apologising to themselves for selling eachother to slave traders in the first place? Nah

What about them apologising to themselves for raiding eachother villages, raping the women, killing the 'useless' men and kidnapping the healthy men and boys to have as slaves in their own villages or to sell on to other villages as slaves. No? Oh silly me, thats still happening!!!
One of the reasons those weird lip plates became so popular was to make the women ugly to raiding parties from other villages and avoid them getting raped. Sheesh.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Class316 on Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:03 pm

Here's an online link:

Sir John Hawkins was a buccaneering Elizabethan seaman and adventurer, who helped his cousin Sir Francis Drake beat the Spanish Armada. And he was also one of the pioneers of the slave trade, becoming the first person to buy slaves in west Africa and sell them to Spanish landowners in the Caribbean.

Now his descendent, Andrew Hawkins, a youth worker from Cornwall, has delivered an extraordinary personal but public apology for his ancestors' involvement in the trade, kneeling in chains in front of 25,000 Africans in a stadium in Banjul, the capital of the Gambia.

Mr Hawkins's apology took place during a trip this month to west Africa organised by the Lifeline Expedition, a charity project aimed at achieving reconciliation over the slave trade.

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/afr ... 094749.ece

Truly truly SICK!

Forget for one second the fact Africans that sold the slaves centuries ago and no one apologized for that!

Forget for one second the fact that practically every race were enslaved at point yet no one apologizes for non-Whites enslaving Whites or non-Whites enslaving non-Whites slavery throughout history!

What about the slaves that exist TODAY?? There are more slaves in Africa than anywhere else! I see no one apologizing for that!

He should apologize for NOTHING! Sadly most Whites are oblivious of the truth and common sense!
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Return to General Banter