Bowed to the pressure

Anything, and everything.

Moderator: Zep

Bowed to the pressure

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:06 am

Well.....the only pressure was coming from myself really.

Anyway I went into Game yesterday brandishing my debit card and declared loudly that the Game Xbox360 offer was a rip off because they didnt let you choose the games you wanted and forced you to get TR Legend and some other crap game I didnt want. Then I said I'd probably go to HMV and pay the extra £30 just so I could choose my 3 games and lo and behold they changed the deal.

I got a 360 for £370 and chose Amped3, Kameo and DOA4. Now....due to the fact that DOA4 and Kameo were both second hand I managed to wangle back a further £25 off them and the guy, being the guy suggested I grab a USB charge and play kit. ?! Yeah I didnt get it either but as it turns out, standard 360 wireless pads require 2 AA batteries, poxy idea I know but this kit gives you a rechargable battery with 25 hours gameplay on it and a wire that plugs into the Xbox USB slots which recharges the battery while still allowing you to play. Not a bad idea but shouldnt these wireless pads come with those as standard anyway?! Thanks M$hite.

Anyway, so I ended up with £10 credit on a store card which I can use whenever and probably a load of credit on my points card too which I can use to buy another game sometime.

I'll be trying to network the box tonight so I can stream media direct off my network onto the telly in the bedroom and do away with the need for tons of DVDs around the place for playing movies. Sweet!!

I have to say, wireless pads are genius. The 360 pads are comfortable and well weighted, tough feeling and balanced nicely so they dont feel like they are falling out of your hands at all. You can turn the console on direct from the pad which I think is a cool idea and they seem spot on in terms of response which is more than I can say for the M$ wireless mouse I used a while back.

Anyway, I'll post more about the games once I've properly tried them.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Jewboy on Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:06 am

Yeah there not bad. Some of the xbox live arcade games are good too. Try geometry wars evolved and Jewel quest. As soon as my new credit card gets here i'll pay for the full versions.
Jewboy
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Postby Zep on Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:53 am

Nice nice, DOA4 looks sweet.
God gave me everything I want!

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:02 am

I'll tell you what dudes!!

The network connectivity is awesome!! I rigged it up to my network and was online with it instantly, I can stream pics music and video as well as TV across the network and even pause, rewind and record it direct from the 360.

Games look pretty nice but when the AVG lead comes out I'll try it on my new 19" LCD monitor.

Gonna....oh shit.....might have to be evacuated from work due to a blocked drain or something....more later.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to General Banter