Who has a god damn DS?

Anything, and everything.

Moderator: Zep

Who has a god damn DS?

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:47 am

So who if any of you lot own one?

Do you play any Wi-Fi games and if so, which ones?

Animal Crossing finally comes out today which I'll be getting on my way home tonight and spending countless hours on....(if I can drag myself away from Wind Waker) so if anybody is playing MarioKart, Tony Hawk AW or Animal Crossing I'd love to exchange friend codes and meet up online sometime, especially with Animal Crossing.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:11 pm

So finaly you see the power of a Zelda game!
God gave me everything I want!

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:37 pm

How did I know that this post would spark more interest in the mention of Windwaker than that of the DS?

Hahahaha.

Yes I began playing Wind Waker last Friday and yes I have not stopped playing it since. In fact, I love it. Despite the cries of shame from the die hard Zelda fans about too much sea travel and the cartooney graphics. Im in an ideal position to pass judgement since I have never played a Zelda game before and the only gripe I have is the sometimes obscure nature of some of the game's puzzles. A good example is near the start of the game where you had to destroy a rope bridge. Nowhere else in the game is a rope bridge destroyable apart from in this particular location. Did I get it? Nope I had to check a FAQ. In fact I have to admit to referring to this FAQ on more than one occasion and sometimes I have kicked myself for being so dumb and other times I have thought 'well how the hell would anybody work out that connection?!'

All in all Im really enjoying it and find it hard to even stop playing it for favourite TV progs. Now, IMO thats a good game.

Cant wait for that new one that they have been delaying and delaying and which will probably only first surface on the release of the Revolution.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:16 pm

The new Zelda game on the DS looks sick :)

Games are getting more and more difficult because my mind is focusing more on different things I think. I loaded up Call Of Duty 2 the other day and things were moving to bloody fast! I couldn't even control the game properly.

A DS would be cool, and if I traveled via plane, train a lot, I would probably get one for the upcoming Zelda game.

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:58 am

Ahh I'll have to keep an eye out for that one fo sho!!

I only travel on the train for 30 mins per day and so only play on the DS for about 10 mins in total when travelling.

I play it quite a lot at home though because with certain games like Animal Crossing you can play it while watching the TV as its a laid back game you can play at your own pace.

Except for today. The damn shop is closed for refurbishment so theres no point playing unless I can visit somebody else's shop wirelessly to sell my wares. As the game works on actual real time it will be shut til tomorrow. Bastard!

Its an enjoyable game though, if a little ghey. I'd love to get some more friend codes going though, I visited some American guy's town over the weekend and had a little wi-fi chat with him. He gave me a stack of money for being his first wi-fi DS buddy which was nice. More people would own!
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:34 pm

It's not like Tamagochi is it? damn i those little fuckers used to get fat and die on me...

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:45 pm

Hahaha no I dont think so.....its a virtual town in which the basic aim is to collect rare items and upgrade your house.

You start off with a small mortgage which you can pay off in no time. Then you get a second and begin to expand your house with second floors, gardens etc etc. You can buy all sorts of stuff to go inside it too.

At the moment I cant do much to make money other than fish and sell the one kind of fruit my town has. I did get some pears from another guy's town in the US though and also a coconut so when those grow I can sell the fruit for an inflated price as its foreign to my town.

The game works on real time too so if somebody tells you the parcel they sent wont arrive for 24 hours then it wont come til the next day in real life time. ITs good that way as it gets you back to check what wares your shop has in stock because it changes from day to day. That said, the shop in my town is closed all day today for refurbishment so I cant sell or buy shit which is a real pisser. Still, I could go via wi-fi and use another person's shop if I see anybody online tonight. Its all good. :)

The game is cute and just a little ghey but I find its mellow and fun to play at your leisure. You do, after all, dictate the pace of the game yourself.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to General Banter