Opera on your DS?

Anything, and everything.

Moderator: Zep

Opera on your DS?

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:46 pm

Oslo, Norway - February 15, 2006: Opera Software today announced that it will deliver the World Wide Web to Nintendo DS users in Japan.

In Opera’s agreement with Nintendo, Nintendo DS users will now be able to surf the full Internet from their systems using the Opera browser. The Opera browser for Nintendo DS will be sold as a DS card. Users simply insert the card into the Wi- Fi enabled Nintendo DS, connect to a network, and begin browsing on two screens.

You can read the rest of the press release at the Opera Website
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:44 pm

Nice. I've been considering getting a hand held console until the price of the XBOX360 drops.
God gave me everything I want!

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby RabidYak on Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:18 pm

I'll pass on both of these, portable TV and mini internet has never appealed to me.

On a related note, giving IE7B2 a whirl at the moment. The new layout will take some getting used to (unless its more customisable in the final version) and I prefer seperate windows to this tabbing business, but it looks pretty good so far.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Zep on Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:52 pm

Tabbing is one of the main reasons I use Firefox. FF just seems to be a "cleaner" browser than IE6.

So is the IE7B2 available for Windows XP? I thought I read somewhere that it would be exclusive for Vista along with WMP11.

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby RabidYak on Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:35 pm

IE7 and WMP11 will both be available for XP as well as Vista. IE7B2 is open Beta for XP, althougth the installer does have a WGA check so its not a straitfoward install if you arn't using a kosher copy of Windows.

Its got a few other features i'll probably never use like zooming, RSS support and a font smoothing option that makes everything look a bit blurry to me. Theres a seperate search box to replace the rather ropey adress bar search that IE6 has as well, which I might actually use. Theres new toolbars and menus all round, althougth they obviously arn't finished yet because there a some rather glaring omissions like E-Mail and Editor.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:02 pm

Speaking of Vista only. You lot heard about Halo2 on the PC?

Thats gonna be Vista only.

Not that I'd wanna bother with it anyway. Leave something like that long enough and everybody loses interest. Halo2 should have hit PCs at least 6 months ago IMO. Its been well over a year since that came out.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:08 pm

Silverhaze wrote:Speaking of Vista only. You lot heard about Halo2 on the PC?

Thats gonna be Vista only.

I don't see the problem with that. I think it would be worth upgrading to Vista because eventualy most programs will probably be dependent on it.

Halo 2? nah, I'm still waiting for Duke.

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:48 am

OMG! LMAO!!! What a gay picture!!

Hang on....it looks almost like they modelled him on that guy that played Robin in Robin Hood Men In Tights. Also he played the new Dread Pirate Roberts in The Princess Bride too.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to General Banter