Can anybody say 'Shit film'?

Anything, and everything.

Moderator: Zep

Can anybody say 'Shit film'?

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:14 pm

Or even 2!!

Yes we all love the spendid game to movie conversions dont we?

It may be years before producer Scott Faye’s Collision Entertainment manages to bring Max Payne and American McGee’s Alice to movie theaters, but Yahoo Games’ John Gaudiosi gives progress reports of the projects in his latest Hollywood Byte column.

Looks like Sarah Michelle Gellar could be tapped to play Alice but no word on who will play Max Payne. I don’t know whether to be excited about this or not given the chance of them being crappy is high based on past experience with movie-game crossovers. Tomb Raider wasn’t bad but I think that was because they took a game that was mediocre to begin with and made a better movie than the game. I haven’t seen Doom yet but I don’t expect to be blown away from what I’ve heard about it. Wing Commander? Meh. Don’t even get me started on Super Mario Brothers. You can read more at Gamespot
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:12 pm

The last truely great blockbuster movies I've seen recently are probably the Kill Bill movies and (maybe) Star Wars III. A lot have movies could have been so much better if they wern't so cheesey at the end.
God gave me everything I want!

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Class316 on Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:42 pm

The MK Movies were pretty good I thought. Also, Street Fighter animated is pretty awesome.

Resident Evil wasn’t bad.

Also, most movies these days are crap. Hardly worth more than a download or a rental.
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:35 pm

Animated movies sort of dont count but do at the same time.....its easier to make the characters look just like their video game counterparts and they can do almost anything they like too.

I still cant understand why they changed the entire history of SF2 for the live action film.

SF animated movie was better that SFA animated movie but they were both good and could have served as the storyline for the live film easily.

RE was ok too I suppose....I cant remember if I saw the second one or not.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby were on Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:43 pm

the sf animated i thought was boring as hell

the sf action movie,why not call it G.I joe?

mk1 was good,mk2 was..(shrugs)

tomb raider and 2 were jokes
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Return to General Banter