Any Winter Sport fans?

Anything, and everything.

Moderator: Zep

Any Winter Sport fans?

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:29 am

I quite enjoy a bit of skiing, well, Snowblading to be a bit more precise and I've always wanted my own gear.
Now that I've started getting paid properly in this new job I decided to treat myself to at least a pair of Snowblades but when I got into that Aladdin's cave of goodies they call a ski shop I couldnt resist trying a pair of boots too.

I ended up getting these:

They were £145 and were heat moulded to my feet for extra comfort. They have all the snazzy shit like a switch to change them to walk mode and macro adjusters on the clips to allow 5mm of extra adjustment for each notch on the clips.

Then on my way out of the shop I grabbed a pair of these puppies:

Top and bottom

Close-up on top

They are 99.9cm long hense the name Salomon Snowblade 99.9 and they set me back £135 but I'll never need another pair.

Now, when is it gonna snow in S.E. England?! LOL

Hopefully should be off to France in March sometime but I wanna give them a test on a dry slope before that.

Long live the snow!!!!
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby adidas on Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:12 am

Not a fan of winter, let alone the sports that go with it. My place in January is in front of a space heater underneath a blanket or six

:)
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:20 am

Heh I love it!!

THe place we have our sights set on is Bansko in Bulgaria.
Bansko Website

They have a Half Pipe and also a Snow Fun Park with ramps, bumps and jumps. While Im not quite reckless enough to go on the halfpipe I definitely want to try a few jumps in a fun park and possibly a grind or two if they have surfaces that wont screw up my blades.
Halfpipe should be fun to watch some of the snowboarders on.

Dont worry though, I'll be taking the digital camera with me so you can see me face planting in the snow! :lol:
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:08 pm

Skiing is absolutly brilliant. It's been a few years for me but I still remember the rush.
God gave me everything I want!

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:11 am

Come with us next season mate :D

Actually we are planning on going with a group next time. Me, the missus, her best mate and partner and possibly my ex girlfriend too. Yeah I know that sounds weird and all that but its all cool. She was our landlady when we lived on our own for a while.

Anyway, should be a good laugh with a few people because you can get a chalet or some sort of lodge all of your own! Sweet!!! :twisted:
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to General Banter