Arcades

Anything, and everything.

Moderator: Zep

Arcades

Postby Zep on Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:41 pm

Does anybody here ever go to an arcade?
What games do you play?

My girlfriend usualy challenges me the rare occasion we see a Daytona or NFSU machine, but I normaly like shooters and beat em ups better. W*hat are the latest games out for arcade? Street Fighter IV?
God gave me everything I want!

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby were on Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:51 pm

street fighter 4?

and how many out there actuualy care..10 years+ in the making.. :P
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby adidas on Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:01 am

HA

I haven't been to an arcade in so long...

I really haven't the slightest idea what new games are out. The last time I frequented the arcade was when Daytona was released.

If I found an arcade full of old classics I'd go on occasion, but such a thing wouldn't exist around here; they'd make no money.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby were on Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:41 am

actually anew arcade opened up and has that dance dance games,soem "hoop" games,shooters

all like cost a dollar or more to continue... :wink:

no wonder arcades are extinct in the western world..
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:22 am

Yeah there are some about but only really in the tourist areas.

Namco World in London - Thats up by Waterloo near the London Eye.
Possibly Sega World too in the Trocadero but I doubt thats still there.

The only other place I ever play a game or two is Brighton or any other coastal town where they still have a few games dotted about. I walked past one about a month ago and saw a Virtua Golf machine with 4 credits on it so I thought I'd take a go. It was shit.
There were some guys there playing a Neogeo fighter of some sort but the majority of the machines were fruit machines although they had a couple of pinball tables that the missus had a go on.

Generally the newest games they have anywhre in Brighton are Silent Scope 2, Scud Race and some shitty film conversion games you sit inside and play with a gun.

I always head straight for the Airhockey tables because you at least get your money's worth on those. The big games are always at least £1 a go even in Brighton.

We used to have loads of arcades around but the last major one that was in Croydon got shut down because kids were bunking off school and going there but that was when Virtua Fighter 1 had just come out and actually looked good.
Before that the only arcades I ever went in still had Bad Dudes, Ghosts n Goblins and a SMB machine among others like Double Dragon. A little after that I used to go to one where I first saw SF2 which blew me away and I used to spend my money on Prehistoric Isle and Midnight Resistance. I remember the guy used to give us free credits on a game of our choice for popping to the kebab shop for him.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby RabidYak on Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:12 pm

The last proper arcade round here closed last year. Can't say it was any major loss though - just a load of early 2000s SEGA driving games, a couple of those dancing non-games, the usual round of guns, a grossly overpriced SWT machine and that Tekken Tag cab with the unusable sticks.

I usually wander around Arcades when i'm in a seaside tourist trap, but even the knackered old games and pin tables you used to find at the back of them have mostly gone now. Last time I was in Southend, you could play SEGA Rally 2 a dozen times and never use the same machine twice.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Return to General Banter