Hey....

Anything, and everything.

Moderator: Zep

Hey....

Postby Zep on Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:08 pm

Merry Christmas my friends! And a HAPPY NEW YEAR.

May it bring you good fortune, health and happiness!!

These few years on the board have been a blast, and without getting sentimental, I hope it's here for many more to come!

There have been some pretty far out advances in gaming technology this year, but these games would be nowhere without the likes of Pac Man, Ghouls & Ghosts, Tetris, Street Fighter II Mario Bros. Kick Off, and all the rest. This BBS board is keeping real gamers interested in real games.

Here's to Damian Moran!
Here's to classic gaming and emulation!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
God gave me everything I want!

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby were on Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:09 am

i totally agree.

despite all the ridicious mentions in the news about can't celebrate christmas without offending everybody..

*merry CHRISTMAS!!* :lol:
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby ivwshane on Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:07 am

Merry Christmas to you guys too!
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Postby Damian on Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:13 am

Heh thanks Zep.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year.
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Postby adidas on Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:39 pm

Merry Christmas to all... except for class to whom I am going to wish a "Happy Holidays"

8)
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Class316 on Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:49 am

heh. Yea Merry Christmas all.

It is amazing how games are in 2005 compared to 1995 and compared to 1985. Totally blows the mind.

However, IMO many games today are all eye candy and little sweet taste.

I have enjoyed a lot of the new games since the playstation days. But once I finish them I simply don't see myself going back to them. Unlike games such as SF2 and SMB3.

On a mildly interesting note, I once put a bunch of little kids both Mario World on a SNES emu and Mario 64 on a N64 emu. To my shock they preferred the less advanced SMW for SNES (personally I like both these games).
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby PASTA POWER on Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:27 am

o
Last edited by PASTA POWER on Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PASTA POWER
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:54 pm

Whoops wow havent had a moment to myself until now!!

Sorry I missed all the Christmas wishes and everything, I'll say a Happy Christmas and Great New Year to you all now.

I got a Nintendo DS off the missus!!! MarioKart pack. I was gonna grab another game in the shop today but the queues were out the door so I walked on by.

I have to say Im a lot more impressed than I thought I would be. Its recharging now after a first charge on the 25th so the battery life is good but a bit less than I expected. That said though, I only have the last retro cup tournament on 150cc to go so its had a good amount of play.

The touch screen is cool and I want to grab a game or two that take advantage of it now.

Oh I also got a Kenwood smoothie maker too so I'll be off to the supermarket with my recipe book soon. Lots of other bits n pieces like a build your own rocket kit, new watch, chocs, DVDs etc..

What did everybody else get?
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:21 am

A blowjob.
God gave me everything I want!

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby were on Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:55 am

subscription to warcraft(very hard to find keycards for them)

but a blowjob,shit..sounds like the best christmas present so far man :D
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:59 pm

Heh I got 2 of them :P
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Class316 on Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:45 am

I thought Mario 64 was a good game :?
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:32 pm

Yeah so did I. It added 3D, goal driven levels and a pretty good challenge if you were going for 100% completion. I dunno why people dont like it really? Im thinking about getting it for my DS so I can play it over again with a few new bits added.

Mario Sunshine, now thats a game I got tired of. I got all the way to the end but it wasnt as fun as M64.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby RabidYak on Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:59 pm

I made it about two thirds of the way througth Mario Sunshine before I couldent be arsed with it anymore, the game never grabbed me enough to make we want to see it througth to the end. I know its heresy in most circles, but I enjoyed Luigi's Mansion allot more then both Sunshine and Kart DD.

I completely cleared out 64 though, pretty decent game even if it isn't my cup of tea. Could of done with being a bit longer though.

As for Christmas, I can't be arsed with it anymore. Wouldent mind a blowjob though, but i'm not sure what i'd do with 2 WOW subsciptions.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:20 pm

Mario64 DS is alright once you get used to the weird controls. Kirby is great fun, drawing those little lines and things. MarioKart DS still rules the roost though, thats a really nice little game. Could do with more tracks though.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby RabidYak on Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:07 am

I got Kart DS and the new Sonic game today.

Both are great so far, but my big man fingers are having trouble playing games that dexterous on the small buttons. Never noticed it before since all my other titles are either pen games or ones that don't require much rapid control.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:38 am

Yeah I have found that. MKDS is a bit cramp inducing but I have found better ways of positioning my right hand so that its not in such a claw shape and is more stretched out. That helps.

All you really need on MKDS is accelerate and the weapon button on the face though. Then one finger on the R button and you're away.

I wish you could change their controls though, I'd much rather have the B button to go and the A button to fire instead of the way they have it set up.

I nearly bought Sonic the other day til I noticed it was all in 2D apart from the bosses. I wanted more reasurance before getting it.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby RabidYak on Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:36 pm

The buttons being thin and flat annoys me as well, it wouldent be as much of a pain if they were convex and a bit thicker like they usually are.

Sonic is a solid game if you liked the orginals, althougth its a fair bit more gimmicky then the Mega Drive era ones were. Watch the video here and you'll see what I mean.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:07 pm

Ive just discovered that Mario64 has a dash button meaning you dont ever need to use the touch screen to control it. Thats much nicer, Im liking this game a lot more now and theres lots of changes to discover from the very beginning of the game.

The mini games that use the touch screen are a great little addition and quite a few of them are pretty nifty! Perfect for short journeys on the train and that sort of thing.

Sonic looks pretty cool from that movie. I might have to grab a copy after a while.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to General Banter