Anything, and everything.

Moderator: Zep

nVidia owners go here <------------

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:08 am

Nforce owners:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_wi...2_amd_6.70.html
GeForce Owners:
http://nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_wi...2bit_81.87.html

**Silverhaze accepts no responsibility for any damage to hardware or software incurred as a result of installing any of the above drivers**

:lol:
Last edited by Silverhaze on Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby adidas on Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:02 am

page not found?
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:32 am

Well thats bloody weird. THey work on the page I copied them from but not here...

Nforce owners: http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp32_amd_6.70.html
GeForce Owners: http://nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_winxp_2k_32bit_81.87.html

There see if that works, and no, I still dont accept any responsibility.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:43 pm

Cheers, might give em a go.
God gave me everything I want!

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby geesehoward on Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:36 am

would someone tell me what used to be here?

"the whole world's about to end over a goddamn puppy"- Paranoia Agent
geesehoward
PCB General
PCB General

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:23 am

What used to be where??

Ignore my first links and click the second ones I posted. They are the newest nVidia nForce mobo and GeForce gfx card drivers.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:00 pm

no word of a lie, Black & White 2 has actualy sped up a little bit after installing the drivers.

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:30 pm

Dude! Sweet!!

I heard that FEAR gets a speed boost from the 81.85 drivers so maybe theres better improvements here too. I actually played some B&W2 yesterday and it didnt do that pausing thing anymore. I havent installed these latest drivers yet though. Im a bit concerned about the LAN part of the mobo drivers fucking up my system again.

Zep where have you got to on B&W2? Im on the Jap level and I want to win it peacefully but Ive already taken over all but 1 of the settlements, even that one right up by the enemy city where the nice ore mine is but I cant tempt anybody from his city even though my main city impressiveness is over 10,000 higher than his.

He has these massive armies and for some reason when I send some archers against him they just stand there like a bunch of lemons getting shot.

I cant be arsed to wait until I can make an army 200 men strong to send against him and I'll get a stack of evil points for it if I do.
Its stupid, my city is vastly better than his yet I cant tempt any people out of his fucking city.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:52 pm

heh, I've been on a bit of a mad one on Black and White 2..... Been sitting down to play it with a beer..... that turns out to a pack of beers and 4-6 hour sessions :(

I just got on the last island today. So far I have past all the islands without building any armies (only a few archers on one of the Jap levels as defence in my towers). It's taken ages to build up massive cities and get the other towns to join, but apart from that I have found it really easy. I am 100% good like my Ape who can still fight away the other beast no problem. He's on a good diet.

I played about 20 minutes of the last island and it's bloody tough. The fuckers send lots of troops and a sodding volcano which fuck up the town you get giving immidiately. I'm still gonna try and be good though, just use armies for defence and maybe build double walls.

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Zep on Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:55 pm

I would also like to add that game could really do with some serious patching. People somehow walk through walls and the creature can't even use the fucking roads I build. You should be able to pick him up if he gets stuck.

Oh, and "giant sexy cave woman in tiger bikini" would be a good "secret" creature you could pick.

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Damian on Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:51 pm

Yeah on the last level as well, but formatted a few days ago so need to re-install.
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:01 am

So you just have to keep building and building until you have some stupidly massive city and then the enemy will decide to join you.

Hmm...

Oh another thing....Im about 41% good but I find I get evil points floating up out of things even when my people have no desires. I can cheer them up by placing a tavern near them or some baths but they're a right miserable bunch. Always complaining about needing spare time and sleep ALL THE TIME!! The day/night cycle in that game isnt balanced properly so the people complain they need sleep in the day and food at night. What a pain.

I might have to play some more FEAR instead. That got a bit gory the other night but I went and ruined it for myself by putting it on God mode so I could get back to where I was before I forgot to save and then I forgot to turn it off and got really far thinking I was doing really well. Bah.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Damian on Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:18 pm

When they need more sleep change the time of the day to the "Zzzz" position, free time to the masks just before it.
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:57 pm

Yeah I know that but it should be timed better so you dont need to do it all the time.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:00 pm

For some reason my people never complain. The only time I needed to mess with the time of day thing was when the silver scroll quests needed it. It might have to do with the amount of work the villiagers need to do. Always water your fertile land and build all the bigger buildings yourself (it's 100% faster that way anyway).

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:37 pm

Yeah I do water my fields and things, I also get the creature to do it too.

Maybe I need better town management or something and having more than one store isnt always advantageous because one sits there full up and one is totally empty. Pfft.

I'll see if I can post a pic of the town I built to win the first jap level. I only noticed after a white it actually tells you how impressive you need to be to win over the next town or village.

Its very fussy though. Put a mansion next to a villa and they get all upset. Cant put smelters or graneries anywhere within a 50 mile radius of your town or the people wont be happy but you need the granary to be close to houses so people dont have to walk 10 miles to get to work.

Graveyards piss them off but care homes dont. Placement of fields seems to make no difference to happiness, ore runs out too fast to build bigger buildings with god building as it uses up much more of the resource to do it. I manually top up the requirements of wood and ore and then get my creature to build instead. Thats just as quick as god building.

I dont like the way you cant be good and complete all the challenges though. SUch as ridding all the land of animals and taking towns by force give you tons of evil points. I also dont like the slow way you put people down. If you pick up 20 people and then try to place them all in a field then if you are not careful you throw them all over the place and pick up such a ridiculous amount of evil points that all your work to become good is just plain wasted. I managed to get to 41% good even though I had made no armies and killed nobody it still wouldnt go any higher but anyway. I picked up a bunch of people so I could put them to work in a field but I accidentally threw them by slightly moving the mouse before clicking as I wanted to avoid making 1 farmer and 19 breeders by not moving the mouse and the next thing Im 19% good from one fucking mistake. Its pathetically hard to be good and its pissing me off to be honest. I had the majority of my town all happy and good points were finally coming out of my town centre but I never got above 21% good no matter what I did.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:40 pm

Silverhaze wrote:Yeah I do water my fields and things, I also get the creature to do it too.

Maybe I need better town management or something and having more than one store isnt always advantageous because one sits there full up and one is totally empty. Pfft.

I'll see if I can post a pic of the town I built to win the first jap level. I only noticed after a white it actually tells you how impressive you need to be to win over the next town or village.

Its very fussy though. Put a mansion next to a villa and they get all upset. Cant put smelters or graneries anywhere within a 50 mile radius of your town or the people wont be happy but you need the granary to be close to houses so people dont have to walk 10 miles to get to work.

Graveyards piss them off but care homes dont. Placement of fields seems to make no difference to happiness, ore runs out too fast to build bigger buildings with god building as it uses up much more of the resource to do it. I manually top up the requirements of wood and ore and then get my creature to build instead. Thats just as quick as god building.

I dont like the way you cant be good and complete all the challenges though. SUch as ridding all the land of animals and taking towns by force give you tons of evil points. I also dont like the slow way you put people down. If you pick up 20 people and then try to place them all in a field then if you are not careful you throw them all over the place and pick up such a ridiculous amount of evil points that all your work to become good is just plain wasted. I managed to get to 41% good even though I had made no armies and killed nobody it still wouldnt go any higher but anyway. I picked up a bunch of people so I could put them to work in a field but I accidentally threw them by slightly moving the mouse before clicking as I wanted to avoid making 1 farmer and 19 breeders by not moving the mouse and the next thing Im 19% good from one fucking mistake. Its pathetically hard to be good and its pissing me off to be honest. I had the majority of my town all happy and good points were finally coming out of my town centre but I never got above 21% good no matter what I did.

damn it, maybe you're just meant to be evil!

I completed this afternoon: 100% good God and Creature. w00t!!!!!!11

I thought that such an addictive game would have a few more extras after it, even an FMV ending, but what do you get? DICK that's what. All they show you is a 30 second clip of an Aztec praying for a God to arrive and then by magic a fucking star fall from the sky. Then?? The fucking game starts from the begging again with all your points and stats carried over.

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:44 pm

Fandabidozie
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Class316 on Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:16 pm

cool I'll have to try this.
Class316