UK: Muslims win toy pigs ban

Anything, and everything.

Moderator: Zep

UK: Muslims win toy pigs ban

Postby Class316 on Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:00 pm

NOVELTY pig calendars and toys have been banned from a council office — in case they offend Muslim staff.

Workers in the benefits department at Dudley Council, West Midlands, were told to remove or cover up all pig-related items, including toys, porcelain figures, calendars and even a tissue box featuring Winnie the Pooh and Piglet.

Bosses acted after a Muslim complained about pig-shaped stress relievers delivered to the council in the run-up to the Islamic festival of Ramadan.

Muslims are barred from eating pork in the Koran and consider pigs unclean.

Councillor Mahbubur Rahman, a practising Muslim, backed the ban. He said: “It’s a tolerance of people’s beliefs.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005450600,00.html

I’m sure lots in Britain think Muslims are unclean and are offended by their presence in Britain, does that mean Muslims can be banned???

Who can be offended by a little pink cartoon character?

Things get dafter by the day.Today is the first of October, but news from the West Midlands suggests it could be the first of April, but the only fools are the chumps who have completely lost the plot at Dudley Council.

In a bid to avoid offending Muslims who work in or deal with the council benefit department, the Conservative controlled Council has ordered a ban on novelty items featuring pigs! Yes indeed, products including toys, porcelain, calendars and even a tissue box featuring Winnie the Pooh and his cute and harmless friend Piglet must be removed or covered up, staff have been instructed.

The banning orders were issued after a Muslim worker complained. He said they were offended by some items at Dudley Council in the West Midlands. The partner of one worker in the department said, "It's caused a bit of atmosphere in the office. The staff did comply but it's just crazy. Ornaments that have been for years have been removed."

Holy festival

The council's head of finance said ONE member of staff had been offended by the products in the run-up to the holy festival of Ramadan, which starts on Tuesday 4th October. He said the decision whether the items should be allowed after Ramadan will be taken after the festival is over.

"It's a tolerance of people's beliefs," said Mahbubur Rahman, a Labour Muslim Councillor who has backed the ban.

What must be going on in the minds of those charged with looking after our councils? If ONE Muslim is offended by cartoon characters and parts of our popular culture, then instead of kneeling before the Will of Allah, our public officials should just have a good laugh and suggest the gentlemen looks for the cheapest flight to a country where the display of such items is not a part of that country’s culture

http://www.bnp.org.uk/news_detail.php?newsId=543

All decent British folks should declare this month the official month of the Pig!

Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Zep on Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:53 pm

"It’s a tolerance of people’s beliefs."

Well why not fuck off to where they believe that shit asshole.[/quote]
God gave me everything I want!

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:08 am

I need a bacon roll after reading that shit!!

Its pathetic. Theres a major difference between toys and the real thing and these people are just taking the fucking piss.

I can understand how maybe it was a bit stupid to send that lot a bunch of pig shaped stress balls in the run up to their little holiday where they all get time off and the rest of us have to carry on working but to get everybody to take down or cover up pig items is just sickening.

Anybody know one of those fake email sites so we can spam the whole council office with masses of pig images?

That would totally pwn!!
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Class316 on Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:57 pm

There was a site where you could instantly creat an email without a password or anything.

I can't remember what it was! But someone here posted it a while back!

damn that was a good site :?
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby PASTA POWER on Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:36 am

o
Last edited by PASTA POWER on Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PASTA POWER
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:22 am

Yeah I think that site got closed down Class. That was way back in the day. Some weird name like acidmail.com or something.

You could type in the from address, subject and everything. Only on very close inspection could you tell it came from a website and not a real person.

We used it at work quite a lot but I think it caused too many problems and the makers had to take it down. I nearly got in some shit using that site sending people emails from mailto:GUClinic@gsi.gov.uk with the title 'Test results' and stuff like that.

The worst was people using somebody else's name and declaring their undying love and that sort of thing. Dangerous.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:13 am

Silverhaze wrote:I nearly got in some shit using that site sending people emails from mailto:GUClinic@gsi.gov.uk with the title 'Test results' and stuff like that.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
God gave me everything I want!

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Class316 on Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:56 pm

ahh right it was mailinator. Guess that's no use here.

Shame about the acidmail.com one it sounded like a lot of fun :D
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:20 pm

Yeah I cant for the life of me remember what it was called. Shame that, but I know it was taken down.

It was seriously good fun.

Actually, I know somebody that had a grievance with somebody else I know at work. The person he had the issue with was and still is a total twat.
The other person went to an internet cafe and setup a hotmail account under the name mailto:countingtoten@hotmail.com, there might have been hyphens I cant remember.
Anyway, this person basically slated this other person to the ground pretending to be a scorned lover of his, hence the email name. All she had to do was lay back and count to ten and it was all over LOL

Anyway, this email got sent to just about EVERYBODY in my building. Thats the problem with email groups hahahaha. I forwarded it home straight away but I think its lost now and soon after we were all instructed to delete it and anybody caught forwarding it from then on would face disciplinary action hahahaha
It was fucking quality though!! Never heard a whole floor of people gasp and then start pissing themselves laughing like that. It was the talk of the office for weeks and the guy at the butt of it all somehow managed to carry on working there and as far as I know, never changed his ways. The culprit got away clean too despite the investigations of who was on holiday and all that. I think it was done in a lunchtime and he might have got a friend to click send once he was safely back at work and in sight of his manager. A superb bit of internet action.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Class316 on Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:34 pm

What was actually written in the email?
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby were on Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:09 pm

thats amazing.Stuff like that wont be tolerated in the workplace..

surprised they nevered disabled hotmail from the employees..
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby geesehoward on Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:52 am

wow this just... pathetic and stuff.

"the whole world's about to end over a goddamn puppy"- Paranoia Agent
geesehoward
PCB General
PCB General

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:24 pm

I cant remember what was said in the email but it was bloody funny. If I ever find it again I will copy it here.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Class316 on Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:43 pm

'The Three Little Pigs' banned in Batley

This is from 2003 but relevant

from http://www.danielpipes.org

In March 2003, Head Teacher Barbara Harris at Park Road Junior Infant and Nursery School in Batley, West Yorkshire, banned books containing stories about pigs, out of a desire not to offend the Muslim children who make up about 60 percent of the school's pupils. Harris issued a statement: "Recently I have been aware of an occasion where young Muslim children in class were read stories about pigs. We try to be sensitive to the fact that for Muslims talk of pigs is offensive." She sent a memo to staff saying fiction books containing stories about pigs should be removed from classrooms but the books "remain in the school library and there is nothing to stop our younger children having stories such as ‘The Three Little Pigs' in small groups."
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby were on Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:08 pm

yeah the pigs are actually demons that steals the souls of childern to appease there saviour

:BABE :lol: ^_^

Some people take stuff too seriously these days :P
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:00 am

Hahahaha yeah that must be like a muslim horror film. They should do a sequel to really shit em up. Babe: Pig in the mosque.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to General Banter