HA!! Warcraft Plague Runs Amok

Anything, and everything.

Moderator: Zep

Postby were on Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:49 pm

if you ever played a male character in city of heroes...christ..99.9% of the guys there look gayer-than-gay :lol:

i do have some male characters in other games i owned.When i seen the male archer in ragnacock,he looked rather..(ugly as hell),sp i picked the gal gender.

Strange you remebered my character.I certainly dont.Hmm..suspicious if you ask me :wink:

Well,anyway.WOW controls are nice,you shouldnt have any isues on lagging,and read what side you want to be(you prob want to be on the alliance side) and decide what class you want to be.

soem advice-night elves have a great *newbie land* they start out..and getting to ironforge(dwarf castle and the auctions<--will be nill i bet on the server) is a pain..in..the..ass. :roll:
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:14 pm

Haha yeah I remember your hot little character! I totally agree though, the male archer looked lame in that game.

By the time Mr Rom closed his server I had a lvl99 Assassin Cross, a level 99 Archer, a lvl 98 High Wizard and a couple of level 50ish characters. As you can imagine I was quite dissapointed when he decided to axe it with no warning. There go a few months of my life for no good reason.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby were on Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:05 pm

there's still quite a few servers that has ragnarock..but frankly i dont trust them.

I believe demonoid has the wow patch that you can download manually of the private server doesnt have it.

If you guys need tips,let me know.In the beginning,its not REALLY that hard,but you need to upgrade your equipment now and then
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Zep on Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:09 pm

I tried going for a Mage is Ragna.... took ages. Ima go for big ugly fight dude with massive hammer.
God gave me everything I want!

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:23 pm

I got a massive hammer! Oh you actually mean a real hammer :oops:

Yeah its totally ghey being a support character in those MMORPG games. I think the priest in ragnacock was strong against undead characters and could take tons out at a time but other than that the bard was shite as was the monk.

Im not gonna play Rago again, after collecting 3 doppleganger cards and a ton of other crap theres no way Im doing that again. NO WAY!
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:01 pm

+3

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Class316 on Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:42 pm

Are MMORPGs really worth the effort?
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Zep on Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:41 pm

It's a strange addictiveness. I like the treasureing hunting aspects. Getting a rare sword or armour is kinda cool. I also like the stats editing because each new character you start with can be very different from the last. And swords, gotta have swords.

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Class316 on Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:16 pm

How does one find something rare in these things?
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:58 pm

Well in Ragnacock Online it was through killing MVP monsters. Thats Most Valuable Player because the person that did the most damage takes the lion's share of the exp. The monsters would drop certain items with a percentage rating. Say 70% for common items and 0.3% on a rare item like a super upgrade to a weapon or another rare item of clothing or weaponry
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Damian on Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:41 pm

The main appeal that these games have is the ROI factor that is lacking from other genres which let you enter and leave the game with nothing changing except environment to mark your progress. RPGs and MMORPGs of course gradually let you affect your own experience of the game, and provides seemingly endless paths of tedium to follow.

Some people enjoy the social aspect of the MMORPG, but it tends to (in my opinion) really sap away at every moment of free time you have. Some really take games such as WOW too far, for example I have heard of one person using both computers in the household (previously one was spare for others to use) just so he can use one to play WOW and the other to go on the net looking at guides and whatnot.

I did try out WOW on a free server once, but the game was very buggy for some reason (perhaps the way I patched it?) so I recommend looking around for prepatched copies if there are any.
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Postby RabidYak on Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:00 pm

I can just about see the appeal of MMORPGs that are about the challenge, but the ones where people do boring real life shit like earning a non-violent living and buying a house seem completely pointless to me.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby were on Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:44 pm

haing a high stressful job does relive the tension o fplaying games like that..whether going on quests or talking ot ur friends online.

i know a fw people who work in the banking call centre and enjoy every minute of it.Before that they were playing everquest.. :wink:
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:59 am

Yeah I liked the social aspect at first on Ragocock but it soon became annoying. Questions of 'lvl?' would almost always lead to 'Nice one' followed by 'Heal/Items/Loot/Zeny plz?'

The place was full of beggars and it got old really quick. So much so that I used to save all my Dead Branch items up. They would summon a monster to wherever you stood. The higher your level the better the monster so you could get a bunch of begging noobs to follow you in the main town and then summon a boss to kill them all and laugh your arse off. Then they banned the use of Dead Branch in towns and the game sucked. They also fucked about with the characters so one day your almost invincible uber wizard was your best character and the next day he was a pile of shit.

Tends to tick one off a tad when you've spent all that time building up.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:02 am

Silverhaze wrote:They also fucked about with the characters so one day your almost invincible uber wizard was your best character and the next day he was a pile of shit.

That's the kind of shit you don't have to deal with on a paid server. I'm trying to find a good WoW private server but they are all so bad it's putting me off the game completely.

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:11 pm

These were genuine updates to the Ragoshite main application so I think they would have affected people on pay-for servers too.

It was a total pain in the arse. They crippled the wizard and a couple of other characters too and then said they were going for the Assassin Cross because of the Breaker move that was capable of dishing out 15,000hp worth of damage in the right hands. Mine wasnt quite that good but it was getting there and then they said it was gonna be reduced.

There were only a couple of bosses in the game I couldnt beat just on my own. The ones that spawn tons of hard monsters mainly but if they had changed that attack then it would have been a total waste of time upgrading to that level.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Previous

Return to General Banter