Half Life 2

Anything, and everything.

Moderator: Zep

Half Life 2

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:50 am

Well I completed this game last night and I see what Zep means when he said it ends just as it starts getting good.

I felt it was long enough but spent far too much time farting about with that annoying jet boat and the car...actually just the car as I quite enjoyed the boat bit.

Overall I was most impressed with the physics but there wasnt enough puzzle solving and the enemies were too few and far between until the last few levels of the game when you just get mobbed.

And then theres the ending....for all those that havent seen it I wont ruin it but all I will say is that its hella short for all the effort you just put in.
Leaves the floor well open for a sequel but we want good fucking endings for a change please!!!

So whats next? Well I got a bit bored of Doom but I might try it again, Im downloading Far Cry and I downloaded Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 and the Water upgrade pack so hopefully I'll be playing that tonight and designing some killer rollercoasters that I can ride in 1st person. Hopefully it will be like Theme Park World but better and without that annoying scottish twat of an in-game helper.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Class316 on Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:32 pm

I'm going to be playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 or maybe Ultimate Spiderman (both coming for PC).
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:50 am

Mm yeah Im looking forward to Spiderman too.

About SW Battle Front 2 though....is that a multiplayer game? All I mean is that will it be one of those games where you have to buy it to be able to play it online such as Battlefield 1 and 2?

That new Battlefield looks great. A take on an old Half Life mod but just done much much better where people move in squads with a leader and theres a supreme commander looking over the whole battle who can drop in supplies and use air support. Each squad member can only talk to their squaddies and their leader, each leader can only talk to the supreme commander so theres a chain of command going on.

It sounds really good if yolu're into online play in a big way.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Class316 on Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:34 pm

For the first Battlefront I can't play online with my cracked serial.

So I would assume it's the same with Battlefront 2.

Still fun on single player.
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Return to General Banter