African offers Clinton 40 goats and 20 cows for his daughter

Anything, and everything.

Moderator: Zep

African offers Clinton 40 goats and 20 cows for his daughter

Postby Class316 on Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:26 pm

Bill Clinton, used to a warm reception on his global goodwill missions, came away from Kenya this weekend with more than he bargained for.

The former US president must now consider whether the offer of 40 goats and 20 cows, made by an apparently lovestruck local official, is sufficient to persuade him to give up his daughter Chelsea for marriage.

Godwin Kipkemoi Chepkurgor wrote to Mr Clinton through Kenya's Foreign Minister, and promised him he would look after his daughter in style.

"Had I succeeded in wooing Chelsea, I would have had a grand wedding," promised the electrical engineering graduate. "I would have invited South African Anglican Archbishop Desmond Tutu to preside at the ceremony."

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/afr ... 301471.ece

As Former US President Bill Clinton makes his first visit the country, one man will be hoping for a man-to-man talk with him.

Godwin Kipkemoi Chepkurgor, a nominated councillor in Nakuru, says he has some social business with Clinton that started in 2000, but of which the former American President has no clue. He seeks the former president’s only child’s hand in marriage.

In 2000 when Chelsea, her father and mother, now Senator Hilary Rodham Clinton, visited East Africa, Chepkurgor, then a Fourth Year student at Moi University, tried to make his intention clear. He wrote to Clinton, offering himself as a suitor for Chelsea.

He offered to pay 20 head of beef cattle and 40 goats to the Clintons in accordance to African traditions. He also named as his referees, then President Moi, Maendeleo Ya Wanawake chairman Zipporah Kittony and the Chepkoilel Campus Principal, Prof Margaret Kamar. He also gave the names his two college mates, John Tanui and Joseph Siror.

http://www.eastandard.net/hm_news/news. ... leid=25795

:lol:

Personally, I don't think all the Clintons combined are worth more than a hamster :roll:
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:57 am

Hahaha takes all sorts doesnt it?
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby DirtySouth on Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:51 am

I.....can't think of any witty response to this. :(
DirtySouth
PCB Newbie
PCB Newbie

Postby Silverhaze on Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:38 am

They should tell him to Mooooooove on before they Bleeeeat him round the head. :shock:
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to General Banter