NTL!! Kiss my booootay!!!

Anything, and everything.

Moderator: Zep

NTL!! Kiss my booootay!!!

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:53 am

Sorry about this people but I needed somewhere to vent my anger with some people that actually know what I am talking about and dont just stare at me with dull, non-understanding eyes :shock: like those ones.

NTL those incompetant pricks!!

I ordered a phone line and broadband internet to be installed tomorrow so they call me up yesterday to confirm the delivery for today. The one day my girlfriend just cant be there although she has very kindly skipped a day at uni to be there for the idiots. I cant reschedule becuse, even though its their mistake, I will have to pay another £25 installation fee.
Then she phones me up today to tell me that they have turned up on the doorstep with just the god damn phone line and nothing else.
They get on the phone to their people and I get on the phone to the customer service dept. Half hour later and after much annoying piano music I get through to a girl that hasnt a clue whats going on.
She calls the warehouse who say there was a problem with the modem or something and now that will be arriving tomorrow. Thats lovely, 2 days in a row somebody has to skip work or uni to be there for them.
So she says ok, tomorrow is the best I can do so I have to accept that.

I call back the girlfriend, now the delivery guys have got off the phone to their people and now its all ok, they can do it today with the phone.
So I ask her to ask them a simple question.

Is there a USB to Ethernet converter or a PCI Ethernet card?

They dont fucking know!! These people are paid to install this shit and they dont fucking know what an ethernet card is!!! Jesus!!!

The sound of USB seemed to ring bells with the gimps on the doorstep so I can only assume that this is how things will work. More annoying still is the fact that when you install the software it will only work for either the USB method or the ethernet method. You cant change half way through and I hate the USB method.

Well at least I should be back online tonight, thats something I guess so I will stop being a whinging pom now and do some work. Thats what Im here for I guess :D

Thanks for the venting session fellas. If anybody else has any gripes, whinges, moans or general frustrations to vent, please feel free to do so here. Id be happy to know Im not the only person that has to deal with incompetent companies.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to General Banter