Ratchet & Clank

Anything, and everything.

Moderator: Zep

Ratchet & Clank

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Nov 15, 2002 10:08 am

OK I took Blinx back and changed it for Ratchet & Clank. I also got a second hand copy of Frequency on the PS2 which I was most pleased about (one of the most innovative and addictive music games ever created) but thats another story.

So....

First impressions?

I loved it from the moment the first cut scene began. You could see that it was a well thought out and constructed game. The first cut scene as in a lot of games moved seamlessly into the first level of the game. So well in fact that I sat there for a few moments wondering what was going to happen next. Duhh.

The game introduces you to the game play very well from the start of level 1 and that game play feels absolutely solid in just about every way. Control of the characters is brilliantly balanced, not over or under sensitive in any way and unlike in Blinx where you never really felt truly part of the action, or the world for that matter. In R&C you feel like he is really in some strange world. In Blinx you felt as if your characters feet wernt really in contact with the ground.

So far the game has been packed with comedy and has a very novel story line and concentrates heavily on large levels with lots of exploration.
Anybody that liked Jak & Daxter will love this.

The levels that I have seen so far are beautifully detailed with bushes moving and rusling as you run past them etc etc. Clean, crisp and detailed textures and absolutely no pop up meaning you can always see the great cities and things far off in the difference with cars flying about in the air and all sorts of other stuff going on.

Its been a bit easy so far but with 30 different gadgets and weapons I am sure the puzzles will become harder as the game progresses.

All in all, well worth a play to any platform game lovers out there. Controls that become second nature straight away, brilliant game play, sound and graphics, loads of neat little touches and great comedy moments. Well thought out large levels and a huge array of enemies, weapons and gadgets.

Well worth at least a rental to those that dont want to buy it.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to General Banter