Jennifer Lopez: Don't call me Black!

Anything, and everything.

Moderator: Zep

Jennifer Lopez: Don't call me Black!

Postby Class316 on Wed Sep 11, 2002 11:27 pm

Hispanic Rapper Janet Lopez is enraged at the suggestion that her Rap Music is 'Black' ! ! ! ? ? ?
Doesn't want to be associated with black music!

Last year she faced protests and accusations of racism after using the word "nigger" on her smash hit, I'm Real.

"Diva tells moguls her music doesn't have black roots"

"organisers of the Music Of Black Origin Awards naturally wanted to include the singer and actress on their annual compilation album"...

"In a sternly written letter, La Lopez has refused to let any of her songs be included on the MOBO 2002 album.

Her reason? She doesn't consider her music to be of "black origin". "

"The stroppy diva says her work - which has featured hardcore US rapper Nas - is of Latin origin and that she doesn't want anything to do with the celebratory collection."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/page. ... teid=89488
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby adidas on Thu Sep 12, 2002 3:05 am

How about if I just call her a hot piece of ass instead? :lol:
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Thu Sep 12, 2002 8:07 am

That tart happens to really piss me off. I'm real? Ha!!!

Anyway, she is trying to say her music is of latin origin but thats bullshit. She is a modern r&b artist. R&B, although completely different to REAL r&b of the old days IS of black origin.

What I cant understand though is why, if they are always whinging on about equal rights, do they have to segregate themselves in this way.

Music is music. Its like the new healthcare centre that opened near me recently for blacks and asians only. How fucking racist is that!!! You'd never get away with making a white only healthcare centre!

Now THAT is what gets on my nerves and no mistake Mr Frodo!

*steps down from soap box*
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby RabidYak on Thu Sep 12, 2002 8:12 pm

LOL, so a woman that makes a living out of making "R'n'B" records and teaming-up with rappers dosent want to be included in an award show for people who make "R'n'B" and Rap music.

Maybe she should do a song with Sir Mixallot, he likes big butts and cannot lie. I hear his brothers can testify to that as well.

Silverhaze wrote:like the new healthcare centre that opened near me recently for blacks and asians only. How fucking racist is that!!! You'd never get away with making a white only healthcare centre!

Too fucking right. Im no racist or anything, but so-called "positive discrimination" really gets on my damn nerves. What really takes the piss is when the Police get called racists for stopping and searching more blacks then whites in an area where something like 85% of the population are actually ethnic "minoritys".

Its not just ethnics either, positive discrimination towards men for so-called equal rights for women does my head in as well. If a woman tells us to go to work and makes dirty comments about our nads its fine, but as soon as we tell them to cook dinner and say that they have a nice arse we get called sexists and are procecuted for sexual harasment. All that and they still expect us to pay for dinner and drinks, fucking leeches.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Class316 on Thu Sep 12, 2002 8:39 pm

Silverhaze wrote:Anyway, she is trying to say her music is of latin origin but thats bullshit. She is a modern r&b artist. R&B, although completely different to REAL r&b of the old days IS of black origin.

What I cant understand though is why, if they are always whinging on

huh?? (C)Rap/R&B is Music???
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Thu Sep 12, 2002 9:51 pm

RabidYak wrote:Its not just ethnics either, positive discrimination towards men for so-called equal rights for women does my head in as well. If a woman tells us to go to work and makes dirty comments about our nads its fine, but as soon as we tell them to cook dinner and say that they have a nice arse we get called sexists and are procecuted for sexual harasment. All that and they still expect us to pay for dinner and drinks, fucking leeches.

LMAO!! You're damn right brother!!!
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Silverhaze on Thu Sep 12, 2002 9:53 pm

Class316 wrote:huh?? (C)Rap/R&B is Music???

So what do you listen to? Duelling banjos? :lol:
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to General Banter