EVERYONE in the USA: Shop HOME DEPOT

Anything, and everything.

Moderator: Zep

EVERYONE in the USA: Shop HOME DEPOT

Postby Class316 on Sun Aug 25, 2002 3:40 am

OH MY GOD!! This is incredible!! FINALLY someone with actual BALLS!!!! This is AWESOME!! YEEEEEESSSSSSSSsssssssssssssssss

The NAACP may soon boycott the nation's largest home improvement store. Home Depot is refusing to do business with the federal government, apparently to avoid complying with affirmative-action laws.

http://www.kovr13.com/06jun02/062602b.htm

More info:

The notification has a section that says commercial credit-card customers will receive a notice with their June bill that purchases could not be made "that would cause the company to be covered by or responsible in any way for compliance with" three federal laws or executive orders:

_Executive Order 11246 of 1965, which bans discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex or national origin.

_Section 503 and Section 505 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, which requires affirmative action and prohibits employment discrimination by federal government contractors and subcontractors.

_The Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, which requires that anyone doing business worth $25,000 or more with the federal government must take affirmative action to hire and to promote qualified targeted veterans
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby ivwshane on Sun Aug 25, 2002 3:56 am

Hmm..every home depot I've visisted always had a large mix of empoyees so I don't see what the problem is.
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Postby adidas on Sun Aug 25, 2002 4:10 am

It's the simple fact that affirmative action is the government's way of forcing businesses to hire someone who belongs to a minority. That is racist right there. I can agree with Class on this one.

If Home Depot chooses to hire someone who belongs to a minority, fine. That's their business, not the government's.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby ivwshane on Sun Aug 25, 2002 4:16 am

I agree as well.
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Postby Class316 on Sun Aug 25, 2002 4:51 am

adidas wrote:It's the simple fact that affirmative action is the government's way of forcing businesses to hire someone who belongs to a minority. That is racist right there. I can agree with Class on this one.

If Home Depot chooses to hire someone who belongs to a minority, fine. That's their business, not the government's.

HELL YEAH!! Finally someone stands up!!
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Return to General Banter