ISP in Israel restricts file sharing bandwidth

Anything, and everything.

Moderator: Zep

ISP in Israel restricts file sharing bandwidth

Postby Class316 on Thu Jul 25, 2002 3:30 pm

Eran used our newssubmit to tell us that one of the larger broadband ISPs in Israel (012), appears to have found the solution for RIAA's problem by - without informing their subscribers - limting the bandwidth of P2P filesharing programs such as KaZaa and eDonkey.

When asked the company responded with the following:
A handfull of users were hogging the band by using filesharing programs" and that limmiting the bandwidth will benefit the majority of users. The article that appeared in an online newspaper, Ynet, created a wave of reactions by subscrobers, which caused the company to retract their first response, and they now claim not to engage in band limmiting. However, many users still claim slow downloads on the p2p programs.

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news2.php3?ID=4450

If this happened there, then it will only be a matter of time before these actions become common in Zionist controlled United States! :evil:
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby ivwshane on Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:17 pm

What get's me is that there is plenty of bandwidth here to go a round so using this as an excuse is just bs!

On another note: If I am paying for the bandwidth I better have the right to use it and use all of it! And if people who are "hogging" the bandwidth because of file sharing then what do the other people aren't need it for?

There is no such thing as bandwidth shortage!
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Return to General Banter