mame 107 out...finally

Postby ivwshane on Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:01 am

So who's brave enough to try this?

http://mamedev.org/release.html
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:38 am

Haha I havent played with MAME in such a long time now!!

I've even got some old arcade games on the Xbox that somebody gave me.

Is it even possible to download the games without bit torrent these days?
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby were on Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:37 pm

you pretty much need bit torrents,unless you go to irc.

i found a mame pack of 1.03 but im getting errors. need to find a clean pack without using utilities to rebuild them each time
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby ivwshane on Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:48 am

ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:21 am

Ahh that could be!!

I might actually collect a full set sometime and whack them on DVD. I've got hundreds of the bloody things around at home, I barely use them these days.

Thanks Shane!
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby adidas on Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:06 pm

people still use mame?

:lol:
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby were on Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:55 pm

thikn i got banned for the in-activity
(shrugs),cant help it if nobody is sharing my mame files at that time(torrents) :wink:
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby RabidYak on Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:23 pm

Having not kept up in a while since everything I want is either done or currently undoable, I was caught out by the new video system when I updated the other day to give a couple of recently added games a whirl.

Had a quick skim round the internet and options and it seems that it works more allong the lines of how actual boards communicate with arcade displays, has added support for multiple monitors, made the artwork handling allot more useful and generally dragged it up to date so its easier to work with and more flexible.

Scanline and aperture effects are now handled as masks by the artwork system, which uses colour values in external image files to determine what effect it has on the display rather then the video renderer itself applying a predetermined effect to the image.

There looks to be a push towards implementing save state support to everything as well, with non-NVRAM high score storage shifted to that with hiscore.dat and .hi files done away with.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby ivwshane on Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:35 pm

RabidYak wrote:Having not kept up in a while since everything I want is either done or currently undoable, I was caught out by the new video system when I updated the other day to give a couple of recently added games a whirl.

Had a quick skim round the internet and options and it seems that it works more allong the lines of how actual boards communicate with arcade displays, has added support for multiple monitors, made the artwork handling allot more useful and generally dragged it up to date so its easier to work with and more flexible.

Scanline and aperture effects are now handled as masks by the artwork system, which uses colour values in external image files to determine what effect it has on the display rather then the video renderer itself applying a predetermined effect to the image.

There looks to be a push towards implementing save state support to everything as well, with non-NVRAM high score storage shifted to that with hiscore.dat and .hi files done away with.

Thanks for the update.

Any speed improvements?
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Postby RabidYak on Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:18 pm

Not that i've noticed, althougth I can't say that I actually play anything that stretches my 3500+. I had a look at a couple of 3D games out of curosity and they were about the same as they were before.

On the topic of the games I tried, I should have known better then to give SNK vs Capcom a go. I wasent expecting it to be good considering that its an NG game and that it was made by Playmore, but its so increadably bad that I stopped playing after 3 fights.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:55 am

Capcom vs SNK was much better.

You know what Im pissed off about? X-arcade. If those mofos would just get a proper UK retailer that isnt online only I would be over the moon!!!

I cant be taking days off to wait for deliveries. I work in a government building so I cant take deliveries at work and that thing is too huge to deliver there anyway.

If I could walk into a shop and pay even up to £150 for the 2 player one I would do it today. So fuck you very much x-arcade.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to Arcade Emulation