Configuring MAME32

Discuss all your experiences of the world of Arcade Emulation

Moderator: Silverhaze

Configuring MAME32

Postby TheLastKamikaze on Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:35 pm

Hi Guys, any help here would be much appreciated

I formatted my comp today, and after putting MAME32 back on (version 0.62) I can't get my games to run smoothly anymore... this is especially frustrating because there is absolutely nothing different about this system... I always have this trouble with mame32...

I'm trying to get a nice 60 fps, but I get like half or so

Also, I want it fullscreen, but not stretched... scanlines 25%, and for the aspect ratio to look right... and no matter what I try I can't get it (the original config took a while to get right, but this time it seems I can't get lucky)

Any suggestions?

BTW I'm running a P4 2.2 GHz with 768 MB of ram and a Radeon card.

for e.g. Pac-Man is playing at a solid 45 fps :(
TheLastKamikaze
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Postby RabidYak on Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:08 am

Its a matter of reading the documentation and spending some time experimenting, ideally with a game you know well enough to use as a benchmark. I spent donkeys messing about with the various settings to get what I wasnt, eventually rested on 3 sets of settings (Horizontal, Vertical and Vector) that look reasonably enough like a real arcade moniter without majorly hammering performance.

Certain combinations of settings can bizzarley make things run like cack, I came across that a couple of times. Unless your computer is a complete mess, it should be able to run Pac Man about 4 times over with no problems. I found that the original DirectDraw display interface sucks on anything resembling a modern computer, switch to Direct3D if you havent done so already.

I'll post my settings tommorow if you want to try them. Probably not what your after, but they might give you somewhere to start.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby were on Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:38 am

aye, make sure all your vidoe drivers are upadted(directx and ur videocard drivers).Maybe your mame hates raedon for some reason :?

like yak said,experiment..but if u think doin something might hurt or monitor or fuck up ur videodisplay..dont do it

also gettin a pentium optimized mame helps too :lol:

btw

go canada at the world (air) hockey championships!!
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Return to Arcade Emulation