Daphne

Discuss all your experiences of the world of Arcade Emulation

Moderator: Silverhaze

Daphne

Postby RabidYak on Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:47 am

Finally finished leeching a Dragons Lair MPEG from emuchina today, at a mere gig and a half. Would recomend getting a ripable DVD if you want to play and can get you hands on one easily, it takes a special kind of nutter to spend just under a week getting a 74 part RAR for games like this. After that it was off to DLP to get a ROM set and then to the Daphne Site for the emulator.

Took me about 20 minuites to get it going once I had everything. Had to calibrate the frame settings for the MPEG so everything played properly, ran into some sound grief which was entirely my fault (had DX sound acceleration turned off from previous attempt to get something else working) and tweaked the settings a bit.

Now its running great in all its million dollar glory. It plays allot better then I remember, even if it is just a case of learning the right moves and remembering them. The video is a bit grainy, but I expected that since it is a compressed rip and because the MDM DVD I got in the week wasent exactly crystal clear on a moniter either.

All in all, a good laff if your interested in the games and you have the patience to sort it all out. Also something else for the arcade emulator completists to get stuck into if you've completed all the other sets and and are looking for a new challenge to fill your HD with.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby ivwshane on Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:42 am

Damn! you have me jealous:(

I'm crazy enough that I would download 75 rars:D
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Postby were on Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:39 pm

im not jealous cause i got the dvd and able to play it on my dvd player..wish i had a dvd-rom on my comp and be able to upload to yas

:oops: err sorry about the mispells..i spent 2 hour sshoveelin the freakin driveway this morning.not a pretty sight when the snow i sup to your waist in some parts.. :x
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby RabidYak on Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:31 pm

I'll upload if anyone is interested, althougth it might be worth waiting a couple of months to see if they work out how to rip the PAL DVDs first so I can get better quality copies.

Will finish off MAME now and then get something thats not going to touch a DVD, like Cliffhanger or Thayer's Quest.

Got Mad Dog 2 off the magazine today as well. Hopefully they will keep this up, theres still another 6 or 7 months worth of games out that they can use and i'm itching to get my mits on DL2 and Time Traveller.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Class316 on Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:01 am

Not that I would mind 75 rars, but these games are just crap :?
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby were on Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:07 am

it was very popular in the 80's so it was interesting when it came out..there was even an anime western of sorts :P
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Return to Arcade Emulation