Mad Dog McCree

Discuss all your experiences of the world of Arcade Emulation

Moderator: Silverhaze

Mad Dog McCree

Postby RabidYak on Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:20 pm

Just got the Digital Liesure DVD-Video version of Mad Dog McCree off the front of some filthy Playstation rag today for £4. The game sucks even more with a DVD controller then it did in the arcades, but you cant argue at that price when it retails for $30 in the US and its a classic bit of so-bad-its-good gaming. I'll be giving it a whirl on my other PC later to see if its any easier to handle in a software player.

They've had DL and SA on previous disks, so i'll be giving thier back issue vendor a call later this week to get hold of them. Looks like nobody's managed get them to rip for Daphne yet because of the PAL conversion, but they're cheap and might come in handy later. I'll be keeping an eye on it for any more, Who Shot Johnny Rock? will probably put in an appearence next if they keep it up.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby were on Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:59 pm

whats the sudden interest in those type of games yak?Wasnt there a sequel for maddog ?
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:09 pm

Madder dog McCree
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby RabidYak on Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:22 pm

were wrote:whats the sudden interest in those type of games yak?

For me or in general?

In general, most likely because they are knocking on some now and DVDs have finally provided a pratical storage medium for arcade-quality home versions. There seems to be a decent sized cult following for Laser games and a few of them have good popular appeal because they stuck out like a sore thumb at the time, which is probably why its financially profitable for Digital Leisure to buy up the rights and flog them again. The fact that the fully animated and FMV-based stuff havent aged at all doesent hurt either, I doubt that hybrid games like Mach 3 or Astron Belt would be marketable today.

For me, the LD stuff is some of the last games I played or saw in the 80s and early 90s that I havent got my hands on since getting into emu. Just started going after them recently since they are allot easier to get hold of at the moment then they have been, with emuchina having mpeg rips and now this magazine pratically giving them away.

were wrote:Wasnt there a sequel for maddog ?

Yeah, never saw it though.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby were on Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:17 pm

hmmm..i can understand what you are saying.Too bad it cost so much to play it in the arcades back then, now you can get them now on DVD cheap and high quality images and sound..the segaCD has a whole bunch of them..

Yak, you might want to take a look at this
http://www.dvdslimited.com/detail.asp?id=18158
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby RabidYak on Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:48 pm

I'll pass on the link, just heard the new issue has Mad Dog 2 on the cover. :D

I doubt any of the Mega CD FMV games would be much use for DVD conversion, as far as I remember they were almost all hybrid games rather then being fully video based. Sourcing decent quality footage would be a nightmare as well since the video quality wasent up to much and the masters are all probably long gone by now.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby were on Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:52 pm

true..least its was a good step for innovating.. 8)
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Return to Arcade Emulation