RabidYak not got anything to say about Dragon's Lair eh?

Discuss all your experiences of the world of Arcade Emulation

Moderator: Silverhaze

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Sep 04, 2001 7:14 pm

Give the poor guy a chance to get back from college or where ever he goes during the day LOL

I'm personally looking forward to playing Dragons Lair over the internet with the DVD image stored on a main server so I dont have to download the whole thing. Should fly through those frames of animation a treat!! [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

[ 04 September 2001: Message edited by: Silverhaze ]
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby RabidYak on Tue Sep 04, 2001 11:28 pm

LOL, was waiting to for more info before I got too excited. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Anyway, MAME WIP was just updated and theres more news on Daphne so heres the deal -

MAME
The MAME driver uses the Dragons Lair DVD-ROM, but youll need and drive and £40-odd for that (region free so itll work anywhere). Since its not machine acurate and it only works in windows it wont be in official builds, but id be suprised if the driver isnt released elsewhere.

Daphne
Just read at RG that a new Daphnes gonna come out later this month with MPEG support for various games, including Dragons Lair and Space Ace. Keep in mind that the MPEG dumps will clock in at a few hundred megs each, so youll need broadband or more patience then ive got [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img].

In other interesting news, Aaron Giles and Stroff have added preliminary poly support to the sys21 driver so those with military-grade supercomputers might be playing Ace Combat and Starblade in a few months.

Update
Looks like sys21 wont be as much of a monster as I thought, apparently its only about 500mhz more hungry then sys2.

[ 04 September 2001: Message edited by: RabidYak ]
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Damian on Wed Sep 05, 2001 2:34 am

Holy crap I didn't know StarBlade was on System 21. I think I remember either discussing that game here months ago in our "games that will never be emulated" and then I mentioned IRobot blah blah. So how much muscle do you think it would take?
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Postby RabidYak on Wed Sep 05, 2001 3:43 am

Id say around 1.3 - 1.8ghz or so.

Suprisingly low considering the rediculus amount of processors and chips on it. Kinda suprising to see somebody out-doing Atari on this sort of thing [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img].
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Damian on Wed Sep 05, 2001 5:36 am

I'm ashamed at you [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Who's going to answer my questions such as:

Can I run the MPEG2 graphics off my floppy drive?
Will the game work on my 300, etc.
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Sep 05, 2001 8:37 pm

When I come back from Oz I'm gonna get myself an ex NASA computer. One of the ones they use to calculate the trajectory of a mars probe or something like that should do me just nice.

Or maybe I'll custom build myself an AMD Athlon 1ghz quad processer beast!! A gig of RAM and 2 90gig HDs. That should see me through the a month or so just nice.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to Arcade Emulation