Interesting?

Discuss all your experiences of the world of Arcade Emulation

Moderator: Silverhaze

Interesting?

Postby Megaman X on Tue Aug 21, 2001 3:48 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> CPS2Shock W.I.P.
<STRONG>
The MVS hardware arrived today and I wasted no time in getting my trojan running on it (very easy). The data transfer protocol (sending non encrypted dumps to PC) is almost finished to, there were some problems at first but they're history now [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] Just waiting on kof99 & garou now. </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[ 20 August 2001: Message edited by: Homer J. ]
Megaman X
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Interesting?

Postby Damian on Tue Aug 21, 2001 4:08 am

Fairly interesting, but he's still a damn hypocrite. KOF99 came out in 1999 and his "policy" dictates that no games released in or after 1998 can be released (except when he's drunk/forgetful).
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Interesting?

Postby adidas on Tue Aug 21, 2001 4:10 am

Is he working on trying to dump KOF2k too?
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Interesting?

Postby RabidYak on Tue Aug 21, 2001 4:17 am

Not really, hes been posting about it in the wip page for a while.

NG and CPS-2 are pretty much in the same power/complexity bracket anyway so it probably wasent much extra work.

Considering playable vertions of Garou and KOF '99 are already avaialble I hardly think any hypocracy is going on. Its not like hes doing KOF2k, MS3 or 45+.

[ 20 August 2001: Message edited by: RabidYak ]
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Interesting?

Postby Damian on Tue Aug 21, 2001 4:22 am

But the full dump does not work, we only get to play the prototype which may as well be a preview in MAME Dev's preservation's eyes.

If Raz000lala manages to dump the full game so that it is playable he is a damn hypocrite.
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Interesting?

Postby RabidYak on Tue Aug 21, 2001 4:27 am

So what, if a games already out there theres no point in holding back on knocking out all the alt vertions available (ala SFZ/A3).

Well it doseent mean hes going to release them does it? We all know that MvsC and Giga Wing are XORed.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Interesting?

Postby Damian on Tue Aug 21, 2001 4:33 am

And Mars Matrix, and every game he has ever received (leeched off JapDump). Until his birthday surprise no-one thought he would release SFA3.

I won't be surprised if he quits pretty soon, he came close before (apparently).
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Interesting?

Postby Damian on Tue Aug 21, 2001 6:09 am

Yeah, ZTNet the leeching bastards. I could care less if they got flushed down the loo.
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Interesting?

Postby RabidYak on Tue Aug 21, 2001 5:10 pm

With people complaining and critising everything he does I wouldent blame him for quitting. People would complain if he released every XOR tommorow, thats just the way it is with high-profile systems like CPS-2.

Not releasing emulated games and/or not making dumps publically available isnt unusall by a long shot (MAME, RAINE, Impact and various others do/have done it), again it being CPS-2 makes it somesort of big deal.

Then again, at the end of the day its all pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of life and theirs no point in getting annoyed by petty shit like this.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Interesting?

Postby Damian on Tue Aug 21, 2001 5:32 pm

My main angst is that he does not hold himself accountable for his input/output moolah wise.

As I have stated before MAME.dk and other sites which use similar systems should be accountable
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Interesting?

Postby RabidYak on Tue Aug 21, 2001 5:58 pm

I have no argument with that, donators should be informed of where thier stuff is going.

Whether the general public has any right to the information is debateable, but thats just totally down to opinion.

The same could be said for any normal chararitable organisation who isnt obliged to produce annual accounts.

Anyway, we all know who the real emulation profit-maker is. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Return to Arcade Emulation