king of fighters for mame

Discuss all your experiences of the world of Arcade Emulation

Moderator: Silverhaze

king of fighters for mame

Postby snipered on Fri May 30, 2003 7:56 am

i have downloaded all the files needed for every version of king of fighters. The games just wont run. when i audit them, it says they have a file missing. how can dis be as ive downloaded all clone versions aswell?
snipered
PCB Newbie
PCB Newbie

Postby ivwshane on Fri May 30, 2003 8:00 am

Did you download the neo geo bios?

You can get it from mame.dk
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Postby snipered on Fri May 30, 2003 8:49 am

i cant find it-i have tried several pages and other files seem to appear-any chance of a direct link?
cheers mate
snipered
PCB Newbie
PCB Newbie

Postby snipered on Fri May 30, 2003 8:52 am

i also read something about having to put the bios within each game-
to do this would i have to put the bios within the zip file-or would i extract all contents to a seperate folder and then have the game extracted to the folder. or is there an easier way to make the games run?
snipered
PCB Newbie
PCB Newbie

Postby ivwshane on Fri May 30, 2003 9:01 am

You will have to register but you can get it here;

http://www.mame.dk/gameinfo/neogeo/
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Postby snipered on Fri May 30, 2003 9:11 am

any ideas on using the bios?
do i put it in a folder? or in the zip file of the game or some other way?
snipered
PCB Newbie
PCB Newbie

Postby snipered on Fri May 30, 2003 9:15 am

its ok i figured it out-there are a couple of street fighter games that come up wid a similar error-are there other bios files that i should download?
if so were can i find them?
snipered
PCB Newbie
PCB Newbie

Postby ivwshane on Fri May 30, 2003 9:16 am

http://www.mame.dk/home.phtml?find=find ... l&more=all

All bios files remained in their original zipped state and should be treated as a rom, meaning they go in your roms folder.
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Postby Silverhaze on Fri May 30, 2003 9:32 am

Yep thats right. No Neogeo games will run without the bios. They will always complain about missing roms, which is kinda understandable really.

Register at mame.dk which is childsplay and only needs to be done once and then type neogeo in the search box.

The bios is only a few kilobytes in size. Just stick that (still zipped as usual) into your mame roms folder where you put all your zipped games.
Then you can either do an audit to see your available roms or just double click the game of your choice. (so long as you have it obviously)

Personally I hate all the fighters on the NG, never got into any of em. Give me a sf2 6 button setup any day! Thats just my opinion though.

If you have a slower PC you might want to try a different emulator, mame is getting pretty hefty these days. I think Nebula and Kawaks are NG compatible.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby snipered on Fri May 30, 2003 9:37 am

cheers mate,
the games work now
snipered
PCB Newbie
PCB Newbie

Postby Silverhaze on Fri May 30, 2003 9:38 am

As for your SF2 question....there arnt any CPS1 or CPS2 bios files as far as I know.

You just need to make sure you have got the parent rom for the games you are trying to play.

See if you search for SF2 then it will show you every version and clone that there is in the SF2 series. When you go to download the rom you want you will notice that mame.dk has some options. It will have Game Rom and Parent Rom listed. The game rom will not run without the parent rom as it needs data which is contained within.

Getting the parent rom should be the first thing you do when you find a game you want to play.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby RabidYak on Fri May 30, 2003 4:33 pm

Silverhaze wrote:Personally I hate all the fighters on the NG, never got into any of em. Give me a sf2 6 button setup any day! Thats just my opinion though.

Ditto, give me SF2 or MK any day of the week.

The NG is serverly lacking in actual good games fullstop, the first couple of Metal Slugs and the Puzzle Bobble ports are the only things really worth bothering with.

Silverhaze wrote:If you have a slower PC you might want to try a different emulator, mame is getting pretty hefty these days. I think Nebula and Kawaks are NG compatible.

You'd have to have a helluva ghetto PC not to be able to run NG shit in MAME. My old P2-350 did the job in the 0.36 days and the only real power hike since then was when they cracked the encryption system. My 900 doesent even break sweat with it and I could probably run most of them 2 or 3 times over on the 2200.

Silverhaze wrote:As for your SF2 question....there arnt any CPS1 or CPS2 bios files as far as I know.

Nope, CPS and CPS-2 have no bios.

Its worth noting that you all should update your NG bios zips if you havent done so in the last couple of months, MAME now has support for multiple flavors and you wont get very far if you dont have the right ROMs for the one your trying to use.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Return to Arcade Emulation