Arcade round-up

Discuss all your experiences of the world of Arcade Emulation

Moderator: Silverhaze

Arcade round-up

Postby RabidYak on Sun Mar 30, 2003 11:47 pm

All sorts off odds and ends over the last few days, heres a round-up in case anyones not been paying attention.

http://www.mame.net/wip
Aaron Giles submitted the R5000 support to the R4600 core (As needed for his Flagstaff and Seattle drivers), plus dynarec for the pair of them for a serious kick up the arse in the speed department. Anyone stupid enough to waste the processing time of a decent PCs on Killer Instinct will probably be able to get a playable rate out of it now.

Some progress on Namco Classics vol.2 as well, but still not playable. The gits at Namco had to go and put Pac-Man and Dig Dug on the second volume, i'm busting to play the tarted up versions of those.

http://rbelmont.nm.ru/
Plenty of Konomi MW and GX progress on R.Belmont's WIP. Violent Storm and another Twinbee game are now playable and theres been more work in mopping up more of the graphics features used in other games.

http://unemulated.emuunlim.com
Couple of things over at Gurus. Pics of the System 12 version of the craptacular Tekken Tag running in Zinc. I remember the TT upright had one of the most shitty dedicated control panels i've ever used, it seemed to have bren designed for 2 very fat people to play at once as the sticks were mounted at an angle that meant you almost had to stand next to the machine to use them properly rather then in front of it. The sticks on the machine I played were also so damn stiff and unresponsive that you almost had to tie them to a car and drive off in the appropiate direction to move your character. Still, good to see progess on another PS-based board and there a couple of interesting games on it among the horde of monotonus 3D fighters and sports games.

Unfortunatly it looks like somebody decent is looking into CPS-3 as he has put up a request for boards to dump and analyse. Quite why anyone with the appropiate level of skill would want to try and emulate a lamer-magnet with such a low and uninteresting game yield is beyond me. Still, at least the games are out of the shops and have slightly less appeal then the button-mashing kiddie shit that brought the beggers to CPS-2.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:30 am

Oh the highly opinonated one strikes again, and in spectacular for too I have to say!!

I always love these posts :D

LOL Yak I thought I had lost my touch when I played TT in the arcade. Couldnt pull off anything at all really and got busted up at about level 3. Now I know, at least part of the reason for it. :D
Its even shit on the PS2 though.

Im always up for a twinbee game too. I actually downloaded a sort of newer version of Darius from underdogs over the weekend although I downloaded Commandos from kazaa too and forgot to play Darius.
Hmm slight tangent there. I meant to contiune, Im always up for a new twinbee game although I probably dont have the juice to play it.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby RabidYak on Wed Apr 02, 2003 3:26 pm

Silverhaze wrote:LOL Yak I thought I had lost my touch when I played TT in the arcade. Couldnt pull off anything at all really and got busted up at about level 3. Now I know, at least part of the reason for it. :D
Its even shit on the PS2 though.

I thought it was hilarius that TT was one of the PS2's big showcase launch games considering that the actual arcade version came on an original PS on steroids. Great way to show off how much more powerful and capable your new machine is compared to its predacessor that.

Silverhaze wrote:although I downloaded Commandos from kazaa

LOL, talking of shit interfaces....
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:16 pm

Shit interface?

Hell are you ever right there!! Impossible in an emergency to select accurately the weapon or action you want.

Other than that its not that bad a game.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby adidas on Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:42 pm

I've played Tekken Tag for PS2, and it feels basically like a remake of previous Tekkens with a slight speed up. If somebody is a Tekken freak, then they would like it. Still better than Tekken 4 though.

As for Seattle HW: California Speed looks like it might be decent. I've never really seen it in action so I could be all wrong.

Flagstaff: SF Rush, woohoo!

My machine isn't capable of playing any of this stuff :)

Well, maybe Tekken Tag.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Return to Arcade Emulation