Pit Fighter WIP

Discuss all your experiences of the world of Arcade Emulation

Moderator: Silverhaze

Pit Fighter WIP

Postby RabidYak on Tue Jul 31, 2001 3:21 am

Aaron Giles has updated his site with some kick-ass WIP pics of Pit Fighter, presumably with the slapstic protection broken.

Damn, I cant wait to start smashing barstools over peoples heads again.

Fingers crossed for the SLOOP chip...
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Pit Fighter WIP

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Jul 31, 2001 12:57 pm

What kinda juice is needed to get the SLOOP chip emulated at 100% frame rate? [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Plus I've done gone lost me link to Aaron's site.

[ 31 July 2001: Message edited by: Silverhaze ]
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Pit Fighter WIP

Postby RabidYak on Wed Aug 01, 2001 12:13 am

The SLOOP chip is just a protection device ala slapstic, it entirly depends on the hardware which the paticular game you want is on. Heres a quick guide (hardware, additional probs)-

Steel Talons
STUN Runner with an extra processor and a different and unknown ADSP (same one as Race Drivin' if I remember righty).

Rather ironically, the ADSPs are there to speed up calculation and simulation, but will end-up making emulation slower.

Road Riot 4WD
G42 hardware, which is the next generation of Pit Fighters board. Also uses a custom ASIC for maths work.

Gaurdians of the Hood
G42 with simpler chip rather then the ASIC.

After those Atari hardware gets even more evil with stuff like compressed sprites, more custom chips, better protection and beefyer processors.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Pit Fighter WIP

Postby Genosai on Wed Aug 01, 2001 7:40 am

Pitfighter,eh?

Pop a power pill today!
Genosai
PCB Newbie
PCB Newbie

Pit Fighter WIP

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Aug 01, 2001 1:24 pm

Hey Yak isnt Guardians of the Hood one you've been looking forward to??

I seem to remember you talking about it. Well hopefully it wont take a super computer to run it at full speed so we might all be able to sample the delights of a Rabid Yak favourite.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Pit Fighter WIP

Postby RabidYak on Wed Aug 01, 2001 11:37 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silverhaze:
[QB]Hey Yak isnt Guardians of the Hood one you've been looking forward to??[QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed, its one of the few games that I played allot that havent been emulated yet. Gotta love the bastard child of Pit Fighter and Final Fight [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img].

Thank god that Primal Rage uses the next protection chip up, I dont think I could stand that again.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Pit Fighter WIP

Postby Silverhaze on Thu Aug 02, 2001 12:59 pm

I've not actually seen it anywhere before. Do you know anywhere that has some nice pics of it?

I was gonna try Unmamed but then I thought it would probably have been removed from there.

Ahh not to worry, found it at UnMAMEd. Damn I havent looked through all the directories there for ages. There are so many games I remember and would love to play again.

[ 02 August 2001: Message edited by: Silverhaze ]
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Pit Fighter WIP

Postby RabidYak on Fri Aug 03, 2001 12:48 am

Apparently GotH wasent a very widespread game and it didnt stick around much (I havent seen it again since I maced it on holiday back in '93 or so)

Stuff isnt totally removed from UnMAMEd until its included and activated in an official release. That site is well worth a good rummage through, you tend to forget how many damn cool games aint emulated.

I would guess that the SLOOP games will be left until the .38 beta cycle since the current one is close to finishing and its fixing season.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Return to Arcade Emulation