Super System in MAME

Discuss all your experiences of the world of Arcade Emulation

Moderator: Silverhaze

Super System in MAME

Postby Damian on Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:32 pm

Remember on Friday Ian I was talking of how they need to improve MESS SNES drivers for MAME inclusion? Well it looks like they have indeed. Should be interesting to play SMW et al on the emu, I wonder if they figured out the DS simulation? Something pagefault has not yet gotten round to on ZSNES.

(edit: talking of ZSNES, here is a sneak preview of new site design http://12.91.8.102/zsnes_home/)
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Postby RabidYak on Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:00 am

They've just taken whats in MESS at the moment and hammered it into the core of a NSS driver, no improvements or anything and none of the stuff specific to the system is implemented yet (PC10-style menus etc..).

Still, the driver is still relatively new compared to ZSNES and SNES9x and is still being worked on at a reasonable rate by MESS standards. Hopefully somebody from MAME DEV will latch onto it now the ball is rolling and speed the process up a bit.

Funny how it showed up so soon after it came up in the chatroom, I was quite surprised to see it in there with all the other non-mahjong updates towards the bottom of the page. I wonder if the core intercompatability patches submitted a couple of days before helped it along any.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:29 pm

I played a SNES in the arcade way before the home consoles ever came out over here in the Trocadero in London. I remember it because it had a stupidly oversized purple famicom pad to play it with. I was being dragged in the other direction though and couldnt get a closer look.

Is this the thing you are on about and if so which games were ever available for it, apart from SMW of course :)

Doesnt have a shitty split screen like the NES playchoice arcade games does it?
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Damian on Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:34 pm

Pushover, Lethal Weapon, Robocop 3, The Addams Family, Act Raiser, NCAA Basketball, Super Soccer, Skins Golf, Super Tennis, Super Mario World, and F-Zero, Contra 3: Alien Attack, and Ultimate Tennis (NSS).
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Postby RabidYak on Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:36 pm

Havent got a clue what it looks like or how the menu worked, havent even seen pictures of the thing.

Actraiser, Addams Family, Contra 3, F-Zero, Leathal Weapon, NCAA Basketball, Pushover, Robocop 3, Skins Golf, Mario World, Super Soccer, Super Tennis and Ultimate Tennis are the the games that were aparently relased for it.

Edit - Bah, beat me to it!
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:34 am

If ever there was a proud moment in my life, then this is it!

I seen an arcade machine that Ian (dont use my real name god damn it!) hasnt!! It was playing F-Zero I do believe.

Appologies for the bad Cliffhanger quote :D
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby RabidYak on Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:03 am

LOL, the IDSA commandos will be probably be kicking my door in tonight.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Return to Arcade Emulation