More Atari fun...

Discuss all your experiences of the world of Arcade Emulation

Moderator: Silverhaze

More Atari fun...

Postby RabidYak on Mon Feb 17, 2003 7:40 pm

Thinking of upgrading you machine to beat all the CPU-destroyers that are appearing in MAME thesedays? Migh be an idea to wait a bit longer, click the links at the latest update at http://www.aarongiles.com.

Those are preliminary shots of Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey on Atari/Midway Seattle Hardware rendering polys and texturing them. Hardware wise thats a MIPS R5000 150-200mhz processor, 3DFX voodoo graphics, DCS sound and a HD for storage. It'll make machines that run Killer Instinct weep like a baby.

Other games on this board include NFL Blitz, Carnevil and California Speed.

If anyone wants to jump the que and get the CHD and ROM set for this, let me know and i'll upload them when i've done leeching Unreal 2.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby release on Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:59 am

by all accounts unreal 2 will make any machine not from the year 2007 weep like a baby too !
Cheers,

Release.
release
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:55 pm

Yeah mine too.

Hey Yak, do you play anything else online? I play Unreal Tournament and Half life (variety of mods) and I use The All seeing eye to look for games.

If you wanna play anything online sometime it would be a good laugh.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby RabidYak on Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:04 pm

I dont play anything online. I didn't before because of my shitty dial-up connection havent really thought of getting into it since I got my ADSL line.

I might be goaded into some JK2, AvsP2 or RTCW if youve got any of those. I've got a copy of HL round here somewhere, but I wouldent fancy trying my copy on UT online since its not exactly a retail copy.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby ivwshane on Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:40 pm

I would say that depending on how it's emulated it might run slow but if the emu takes advantage of your video card then I see no reason why it wouldn't run on a decent system.
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Postby Damian on Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:53 pm

Yeah, unfortunately it looks like MAME will never use video card processing.
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:58 pm

What are JK2 and RTCW?

Oh hang on...

I dont have Jedi Knight 2 or Castle Wolfenstein.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby RabidYak on Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:00 am

I should image they could be brought into playable regions in a standalone emulator, especially considering its proven that 3DFX code can be put througth newer graphcis card with translation software. Still take some power though considering how meaty the main CPU is, unless you do a complete hatcet job and hack the game code ito pieces 'ala KIAME/U64.

Theres no point in filling MAME up with shoddy unportable, incompatable, inaccurate and inflexible code just for the sake of playing a few recent games a couple of years early. 6 - 8 gig processors will probably be the standard by the end of next year and Prop Cycle is probably the only game in MAME at the moment that could even be done througth a videocard.

Silverhaze wrote:I dont have Jedi Knight 2 or Castle Wolfenstein.

Aliens vs. Predator 2?
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby were on Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:29 pm

now thats a good idea..get everybody together and play one serious mod game.. 8)
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby RabidYak on Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:15 pm

Click the link again, another update.

The colours and Textures are looking like they are meant to now and its all looking fairly nice, but still quite a few hardware features left to do like perspective'n'depth handling, dithering and alpha blending.

Theres a WIP piccy of San Fransisco Rush there as well, which is Flagstaff hardware. Same CPU and graphics system as Seattle, but with the CAGE sound system instead of DCS. No other games aside from the Alcatraz version of SFR.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Return to Arcade Emulation