Revenge of the primal prototype

Discuss all your experiences of the world of Arcade Emulation

Moderator: Silverhaze

Revenge of the primal prototype

Postby RabidYak on Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:47 pm

Now heres something I never thought we'd see dumped. What do you get if you cross Hard Drives, comedically bad fighting games and dodgey mid-90's Atari business models? Answer in the latest Guru update -

"Also received Primal Rage II (ZN1 hardware with 1GB hard drive)
Thanks to Eric R."

Should be a good laugth when it gets eventually gets emulated, it'll be interesting to see how crap it is considering it tested badly enough to get the Atari preproduction axe. Shame Aaron Giles cant work on it though, apparently he cant touch it as a result of Connectix's settlement with Sony over VGS.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby adidas on Mon Feb 17, 2003 2:58 pm

What does Connectix and VGS have to do with the Primal Rage II proto?

And you're right... that must be one hell of a bad game for Atari to scrap it considering the titles they produced at the time.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby RabidYak on Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:55 pm

adidas wrote:What does Connectix and VGS have to do with the Primal Rage II proto?

ZN-1 is basically a Playstation on an arcade board Sony sold to other companys for thier own modification and use. Aaron Giles works for Connectix and apparently he cant touch Playstation related stuff due to the court order that Sony had put on them to stop VGS. Dunno whether the order is specific to VGS and home Playstations or whether it applys to all Playstation and Sony related stuff in general, but I dont blame him for not wanting to give Sony excuse to unleash the lawyers again.

adidas wrote:And you're right... that must be one hell of a bad game for Atari to scrap it considering the titles they produced at the time.

Indeed, i'm almost looking foward to it.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby adidas on Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:08 pm

Ah, I wasn't aware of Aaron Giles' ties to Connectix.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Return to Arcade Emulation