CPS2 emus

Discuss all your experiences of the world of Arcade Emulation

Moderator: Silverhaze

CPS2 emus

Postby adidas on Tue Jul 24, 2001 4:17 pm

I was just browsing the files section, and there are quite a few CPS2 emulators now.

Which one does everyone use lately? I've been using MAME, but I'm going to give Nebula another try as it has interpolation, and my 900 year old video card doesn't do that on its own.

Which was the one that didn't have good sound right away? Was that Kawaks? Has that been improved anymore?

I'm just asking hoping that somebody has tried them all as of late. That would save me the trouble of downloading them all. You needn't include Final Burn hacks, I know those run well.

I used to try new CPS2 emu releases on a regular basis, but I haven't done that for a while.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

CPS2 emus

Postby Megaman X on Tue Jul 24, 2001 6:05 pm

For me I'm still running on Final Burn and a hack version for SFZ3. I've tried Nebula and Kawaks and both won't even load right.
Megaman X
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

CPS2 emus

Postby Jewboy on Tue Jul 24, 2001 6:56 pm

Just use mame and try the new RGB filters to give you a more arcade look.
Jewboy
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

CPS2 emus

Postby Damian on Tue Jul 24, 2001 9:32 pm

I am still using the Final Burn hacks. Last one I used was FBCPS2 which worked well with Capcom Sports Club.

Does anyone reckon that Final Burn will be taken up by another emulator programmer? Seems unlikely.
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

CPS2 emus

Postby RabidYak on Tue Jul 24, 2001 11:09 pm

I switched over to MAME since it went windows.

Ive gone back to FB 0.94 so I dont have to scroll througth 20 games to get to Afterburner and Powerdrift.

Tried Calice, fast but only has support for 6 pad buttons (need 8 for coin and start).

Nebulas interface just pisses me off.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

CPS2 emus

Postby adidas on Wed Jul 25, 2001 1:54 am

Ummmm, don't even bother with Nebula. I didn't have the desire to use it when I was greeted with the annoying QSound jingle upon opening the program. I wanted to see if it only did it on the first run of the program. I hit quit and it announced 'Game Over!'

I went back into Nebula and it still did it. How fucking annoying.

Next I'm going to try JB's method with MAME.

---------------

And the winner is.... the new MAME32 with my TV-out enabled, and RGB set to 'tiny'

[ 24 July 2001: Message edited by: adidas ]
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

CPS2 emus

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Jul 25, 2001 1:16 pm

I dont remember seeing that RGB option anywhere. Is it included in the latest Smame?

I'll have to have a good look round my options tonight.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

CPS2 emus

Postby RabidYak on Wed Jul 25, 2001 11:01 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silverhaze:
[QB]I dont remember seeing that RGB option anywhere. Is it included in the latest Smame?[QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, It is only present in the mamew core (as in the official builds and the new MAME32). SMAME uses the old MAME32 core, which is pretty much obsolete now.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

CPS2 emus

Postby Silverhaze on Thu Jul 26, 2001 1:05 pm

Yeah I discovered that last night. About the core that is.

I went and got the latest release of Mame32 and had a look round that. Couldnt find the RGB option but there are a whole bunch of other new options in there. The overall speed was better though so I'll stick with this for now.

Some of my roms need changing though. I noticed that my Bubble Symphony roms stopped working.

[ 26 July 2001: Message edited by: Silverhaze ]
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

CPS2 emus

Postby RabidYak on Fri Jul 27, 2001 12:22 am

The RGB stuff is in the pull-down menu under the scanlines checkbox, but they do use a bit more power then scanlines do though.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

CPS2 emus

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Jul 27, 2001 1:05 pm

Ahh thats why I didnt look at them.

Well, I got bubble symphony working again and I've finally got my collection error free! Thats 718 correct now LOL Nearly caught up with Jewboy!

Can anybody tell me though why certain games show up as working on the game selection screen i.e Not a red cross. One of the offending games is Neo Bomberman. Plus a couple of others that give strange error messages and not the missing roms dialog box.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to Arcade Emulation