Arses, Royals and Dinosaurs

Discuss all your experiences of the world of Arcade Emulation

Moderator: Silverhaze

Arses, Royals and Dinosaurs

Postby RabidYak on Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:24 pm

Where in all of emulationdom can you find an update page with a naked arse, a zombie-hunting member of the Royal Family and Godzilla in a Mahjong game? The MAME WIP page of course - http://www.mame.net/wip

Bloody huge update this time with quite a few highlights. Nice bit of progress on vintage stuff, preliminary shots of the Sys32 Jurassic Park game, another one of those mad OTT Japenese verticle shoooters, more bloody revisions of SF2, bug fixes galore and a neat looking shoot-the-zombies game. Maybe the undead should start sueing companys for discrimination, they seem to of been quite a popular subject for gun games in the 90s.

Remember to read the page bottom to top, kinda defeats the P of WIP if you are reading the developments in reverse.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby adidas on Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:01 am

The Sys32 Jurassic Park game? Was that the shooter where you sat inside the machine? I vaguely remember it, but I remember liking that one.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby were on Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:33 am

im not sure thats the same game..but there is an arcade in the Bayfield mall where im at and it has the jurassic park lost worlds arcade game where its a BIG sit-down machine for 2 people and its a shooter(gun).

its graphically beautiful
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Jan 17, 2003 11:29 am

Hmm I thought that was quite new. Pretty exciting to play but a fucker of a credit muncher. Especially when you play with the missus and your left side gets completely un protected lol

Thats a serious development if it turns out to be that but I think theres an older game out there.

I like over the top jap shooters though like Esp Ra De! Oh goodie maybe I'll download mame ;)

Oh yeah Yak man! I love your sig man, I never really bothered reading it before but just this morning I took the time and man I was laughing for 3 minutes straight. Keep up the classic sigs man :D

Do you remember that show called 'Turnabout' with Rob! When they completed a line of their own colour the balls flashed and went JANK JANK JANK!! Classic!
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby RabidYak on Fri Jan 17, 2003 4:38 pm

Theres 3 Jurassic Park gun games.

The first one was Jurassic Park on sys32 which came in a sit down cab with joysticks and sort of bumped up and down a bit. The second was The Lost World on Model 3 1.5, where you sit in a Star Wars-style cockpit cab and use lightguns. Koniomi made a JP3 game a couple of years ago, never seen or played it though.

Silverhaze wrote:Oh yeah Yak man! I love your sig man, I never really bothered reading it before but just this morning I took the time and man I was laughing for 3 minutes straight. Keep up the classic sigs man :D

Do you remember that show called 'Turnabout' with Rob! When they completed a line of their own colour the balls flashed and went JANK JANK JANK!! Classic!

LOL, spent many an hour watching that when off sick from school. There was always a scramble at the start of each round to get all the grey balls as they always turned strait into your colour rather then rotating around the others. They dont make 'em like that anymore.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Jan 17, 2003 7:23 pm

They certainly dont! Even had a rather impressive set for such a budget show. The contestants looked like they were sitting on a black pond or something.

Classic!

Now they need to show the Krypton Factor again and my life will be complete :D
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Damian on Fri Jan 17, 2003 7:34 pm

Silverhaze wrote:They certainly dont! Even had a rather impressive set for such a budget show. The contestants looked like they were sitting on a black pond or something.

Classic!

Now they need to show the Krypton Factor again and my life will be complete :D

All that stuff like KF plays on Challange TV (or is it quiz?) all the time. You probably get it on cable, if not sky has it.
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Return to Arcade Emulation