Anyone having problems with mame .63?

Discuss all your experiences of the world of Arcade Emulation

Moderator: Silverhaze

Anyone having problems with mame .63?

Postby ivwshane on Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:21 am

I haven't installed it yet but there does seem to be a ton of bugs with it.
What's everyone elses experience?
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Postby RabidYak on Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:42 am

It is generally meant to be an interim build to get eveyone up to do date with the latest core changes and clear the decks. Allot of the new stuff is either in mid-preliminary stages, missing one or two elements that make it entirely playable or has been knocking around in testdrivers for a bit. I should imagine the next version will crop up a bit quicker then normal and will mop up everything else thats been on the WIP page recently.

In terms of useable stuff its added most of the revisions and alternate versions that have been dumped recently, corrected a couple of bootleg sets, activated the 2001 NG shit, added most of the non-Dallas mid-90s Galeco stuff and provided the Midways games if you fancy kicking the shit out of your processor.

Theres usually some semi-working stuff activated in MAME and they probabley decided to top it up a bit since allot of the long standing non-workers have been sorted out in the last half a dozen versions or so. Plus 3 new CPU cores, 1 rewritten sound core, centralised file I/O handleing and a new timing system isnt bad going for a single release. I dont mind having a version like this every so often, its better in the long term and it makes it allot easier and more efficent for the DEVs to get thier work done.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Return to Arcade Emulation